My 1965 Valiant wagon street / strip project

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
I have not been back on here for some time , lost my logon , tried to re-set password, never could get a response , tried a new name that didn't work .. dug around trhu old messages on old no longer used emails and found my info from many years ago .. ( lol, crazy )
Well, its been a slow go for sure on building the wagon , it started out great but, many problems popped up here and there for me .. It got somewhat left to sit :( .

I have made progress , its just slow , last 10 months or so, we have moved the needle some
here is what it looked like 10 years ago .. yes, ten ..

valiantoutsidesideshot.jpg

I have not been back on here for some time , lost my logon , tried to re-set password, never could get a response , tried a new name that didn't work .. dug around trhu old messages on old no longer used emails and found my info from many years ago .. ( lol, crazy )
Well, its been a slow go for sure on building the wagon , it started out great but, many problems popped up here and there for me .. It got somewhat left to sit :( .

I have made progress , its just slow , last 10 months or so, we have moved the needle some
here is what it looked like 10 years ago .. yes, ten ..

View attachment 1715855945

valpwerin.jpg

Motor is is in , it makes just a tad over 500 hp , took 9 months to get the trans and convertor done and shipped to me . its a race prepped 904 from Cope

Better than me. I started mine in 2004.Still not done.Won't be by me for sure.

I will post more pics when I get to another computer , collecting parts currently , I still need lots of stuff to get it off the jack stands

aband.jpg

I had bought TTi headers , should of fit .. no idea why they would not , fought with them for a couple weeks , sold them and bought Doug's, fit prefect, super tight however

Nice wagon you have there. Those early A's have less room between the frame rails. My Doug's headers fit well too, but a bit of a PIA to install! They look like a couple of octopus up in there! Nice thing is that they don't hang low. 65'

No paint on the wagon , its just going to get a clear matte finish .. its beige , the headers don't touch the inner fenders , maybe has a 1/4 inch of so of clearance
Has a Dana rear , Ladder bars , Alterkation front , Wilwoods on all 4 , made a new floor , has a 10 point cage in it

keep the path shoveled for the UPS person and a gift card every now and then...better than paying for his chiropractic treatment after delivering parts.
Kool wagon! where did the master cylinder heat shield come from?

-
Back