-

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
The dash is done and here is the new Master Power Brake conversion

Brakes (Custom).jpg

DSCF0640 (Custom).jpg

Looken real good Tony!! That cuda will stop easy now.

You have a nice 6 pack of car's

Tony
what kind of paint did you use to paint your dash, I just finished painting the outside of my 67 cuda flame red and thought about painting dash same color wasn't sure if it would look right after seeing your dash I might try it.

bill paynter said:
Tony
what kind of paint did you use to paint your dash, I just finished painting the outside of my 67 cuda flame red and thought about painting dash same color wasn't sure if it would look right after seeing your dash I might try it.

Bill,
I tried several paints on my dash but none worked. I primered to seal off the
orig. paint but all I got was blisters and wrinkles. The orig. paint reacted to everything I tried. I finally gave up and took
it to the powder coater. The color that was used was blood red with a special clear coat to give it the
orig. type texture and sheen. The orig. paint was a non glare type.

The dash was blasted prior to power coating to remove everything.
It cost me $90.00 for the work that was done. Money well spent in my opinion.

My '67 called for the Met. Red color. I opted for the '69 Red

Update.....been buying parts OUCH

tti 2-1/2" exhaust

49.jpg

AAR fiberglass hood and scoop

511.jpg

11" x 2-1/2" rear brakes with Moser axles

cuda04.jpg

Legendary seat covers ('67 pattern with the '69 color)

521.jpg

Nice nice nice!!!!
Tony that stuff looks $$$ Great :thumbup:

Got my scoop mounted today.
It will be taken apart for painting. I will be using the piece I cut
out to make a cover to keep out the rain should it
be needed. It will be sealed and install form the bottom with
some quick disconnect pins. (More on this later with pics)

571.jpg

59.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

A Nice clean job!!
Its going to look perfect!!

Everything looks great!Hood with that Scoop,dash,seats,etc..Nice work!!!I enjoied the pictures of the scoop. :thumbup:

The Dart-Nº6,1.jpg

1966 dart wagon said:
sweet, the hood looks awesome, where do u get those bars?

Purchased them from AAR when I bought the hood. I can't find them listed
on their web site. They are stainless and they were $30.00 for a pair. You can also use hollow chrome plumbing pipe and carriage bolts and cut to fit.

If you want the stainless, contact AAR

http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/

Tony Fields said:
Update.....been buying parts OUCH

Yeah, I know what you mean! And nothing ordered is cheaper than a C note too I bet!

Nice job on the hood scoop. I considered adding one to my car but figured I'd need a roll cage and some HUGE rear tires to pull it all together for that SS/AA look. Maybe in the future. Keep us posted on your progress.

Looks good. Is your TTI exhaust set up for exhuast manifolds or headers? Im wanting to run stock exhaust manifolds on my 5.7 hemi thats goig in my 64 dart and i was wondering if i could order an entire exhaust setup from them bent for my 64, with ends bent for the 5.7 hemi stock exhaust manifolds.

I love that scoop, did it come gell coated black? Is the front edge finished or is it bare fiber? I am probably going to order one next week. How long did it take you to get it from AAR?

Good timing!
I am about to do the same thing to my hemi scoop on my 67.

Now I know where to get the pins, and I have an idea of what my orange dash will look like.

Man, your dash looks phenominal like that, much better than the standard black.

I'm so glad I had mine painted body color, and I hope it looks half as good as your all put together, but I am going with custom gauges in the factory cluster.

Here's my bolt on hood from glasstek with an add on hemi scoop, looks like the same scoop you have.
cuda30.gif

-
Back