My 1968 Valiant 100 Overhaul begins. :)

-
So I started yesterday morning with the plans to get my frame connectors installed. Well thanks to the wind picking up and blowing all my shielding gas away from my welds and pissing me off. So I stopped with just one half installed. And then woke up to more wind today. Damn it!! So heres some pics. Cause I know we all love pics. :)

Here she is up on jacks.
DSC04650.jpg

The passenger side is solid.
DSC04655.jpg

DSC04654.jpg

The front of the driver side is solid but the rear had one small bad spot.
DSC04653.jpg

DSC04656.jpg

Bad Spot all cut out. And then the wind came to town. Grrr
DSC04657.jpg

These are the frame connectors that I got with the car. Just gotta clean them up and prep them.
DSC04651.jpg

I have the same mopar/mancini connectors.

You'll have to extnd them in the front if you wanna be able to butt the rear 'thicker' portion of the connector to the frame for welding.

at least I did on mine...

Hey dragon mopar,you should be using flux core welding wire done there anyways. It's better at welding rusty dirty stuff.And the wind cant blow the gas away cause there is none,lol!

I have a Lincoln mig welder and have the setup for gas.I've never used it yet.The flux core wire does a great job on 90% of my stuff. But hey,the gas will be there for when it needs to be pretty,lol!

Haha tell me about it. The welder I have is set up for gas and dont feel like switching it over. So Ill be waiting patiently till the wind stops.

Hey crazy guy. On my car they fit right in. They touch the floor at the rear foot pan. If that causes any problems down the road Ill cut the floor and make a relief hump.

Hello all. To day worked out much better. I made a quick wind breaker and went to work. Got the frame connectors in welded and under coated. Put the tank back in and now Im gonna take her for a ride. As always enjoy the pics.
DSC04658.jpg

DSC04666.jpg

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04663.jpg

So I went to the junk yard and its like christmas morning. I got a 8 1/4 rear end all set up for an A-body with BBP, and in good shape. Also found a set of buckets that were in a 67 Cuda but I dont think their original. And a set of BBP rims that will work for now.
DSC04669.jpg

DSC04667.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04670.jpg

So I finally got to get a little more work done. June just sucked. Way too much stuff going on.

I got one of the bucket seats in and just need to copy my seat mount for the passanger side. Also got my trans and front suspension parts painted and ready.
DSC04697.jpg

DSC04698.jpg

DSC04699.jpg

DSC04706.jpg

DSC04709.jpg

Thanks guys. I like fabbin stuff. :) They might be over kill but they dont wiggle at all. Love them. And the seats are so much better than the bench. Very nice and comfy. Now I have to fiddle with the shifter and find one that is the same height but about 3 inched rearward.

Got the passenger seat mount fabbed and installed. They came out great. Got the motor ready and hope to start on the motor swap next weekend.

Today was axle day. Got the 7.25 out and the 8.25 in. :) Went pretty smooth due to the fact that the previous owner swapped out the springs before I bought it. Everything was fresh. Only thing left for the rear axle is mounting the shocks and sway bar. Gotta got make frame mounts for the swaybar mounts too. Then its on to the front. Hopeing to have the engine in and running by the end of august.

DSC04736.jpg

DSC04734.jpg

DSC04739.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04740.jpg

Im new to this site. I have a 1968 valiant 2dr post and i was wondering how to tell if my car was a valiant 100 or a valiant signet?

Hey 68,
The easiest way to tell is the badges. I believe the signet package was mostly a trim option. The dash would be upgraded and it would say signet on it. I have a signet dash for my car that will probably go in sometime. Other than that Im not sure. Here is a link to a really good source to Valiants, http://www.valiant.org/index.html

-
Back