My 1972 F7 Dart Swinger

-
It ain't easy being Green!!!

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

Love your restoration by the way. Nice work. Looking forward to seeing it finished as I'm sure you are also.
Thanks! I love this color. I understand its not as desirable to most but thats ok by me!

I am beyond ready to drive this car again!

Last edited:
Been busy!

Drivetrain, suspension, exhaust, brake lines, fuel lines all installed. Engine wiring is almost complete. Had to stop while I wait for more terminals. AC system is about half installed. Got the fuel filler tube and body harness installed to finish out the weekend.

I need to slow down and take more photos!

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2450.jpeg

IMG_2451.jpeg

IMG_2453.jpeg

IMG_2454.jpeg

IMG_2456.jpeg

IMG_2457.jpeg

IMG_2458.jpeg

IMG_2459.jpeg

Very cool build. I love the green and level of detail keeping it OE. Is that a hellcat hood from a new challenger? It looks surprisingly close to fitting. I’m doing a hellcat swap and looking at hood options
It is from a charger I believe. Also, it’s for sale

Still working on assembly! Found some issues with the paint that are being addressed but that should be taken care of soon. I received a ship confirmation from Legendary for my interior! They are ahead of their estimate of April/May! Here's a few photos of current status

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_1939.JPG

I had to pop on the emblems for a quick tease

Well, it turns out, Legendary shipped my door panels and not my covers. I thought since I ordered the seat covers first, they’d ship first

9A9C074E-B92A-4724-810B-BB8E4D8263B0.jpeg

1D3EACBB-BE41-4375-BE0F-AD6B5200262D.jpeg

53FE9F2F-BF58-454E-B6C0-7C8E09629701.jpeg

D2CD73C8-50AA-4056-8C78-A61DF32D5868.jpeg

Does anyone know If the drip rail stainless trim is the same between vinyl top and non-vinyl top cars?

My 72 originally had a dark green top but I am not putting it back on. It seems like I read somewhere that the trim was different but now I cant find where I was reading that.

Does anyone know If the drip rail stainless trim is the same between vinyl top and non-vinyl top cars?

My 72 originally had a dark green top but I am not putting it back on. It seems like I read somewhere that the trim was different but now I cant find where I was reading that.
As far as I know the trim is the same. Can't see Chrysler stocking two different parts that are virtually identical. The trim going over top of the vinyl might be tight and you might have to open slightly. I used the non vinyl trim when I installed a vinyl roof. Tight yes but nothing to worry about. Just my thoughts.

A while back, I sent an AM/FM radio to Mr Heaterbox to modernize it. They added a bluetooth module and a usb interface to the radio. Finally worked out where to put the inputs!

70183265912__1339EBFF-DF0C-44BA-B5D6-0926C14E87A3.jpg

There is a USB-C on the left, auxiliary input on the top and a call answer/end button on the bottom. Fit nicely into this section of the ashtray coin holder receiver.

Last edited:
So I have 3 1970 Darts. All came originally with vinyl tops (Dodge had packages and deals that included vinyl roofs that year). I have removed the vinyl roof on 2 of the cars and the third one still has its original factory vinyl on it. I left the vinyl trim on the purple car because one day I might want to paint the top a contrasting factory color (an odd but available option that was overshadowed by the cheap vinyl roof thing). I put the vinyl top drip rail back on both the cars with no vinyl and had to squeeze it shut a very little bit to have it snap firmly in place.

DSC04822.JPG

So I have 3 1970 Darts. All came originally with vinyl tops (Dodge had packages and deals that included vinyl roofs that year). I have removed the vinyl roof on 2 of the cars and the third one still has its original factory vinyl on it. I left the vinyl trim on the purple car because one day I might want to paint the top a contrasting factory color (an odd but available option that was overshadowed by the cheap vinyl roof thing). I put the vinyl top drip rail back on both the cars with no vinyl and had to squeeze it shut a very little bit to have it snap firmly in place.

View attachment 1716070507
Good to know. Thanks!

Where was the paint transition line for the factory contrast paint work?

Where was the paint transition line for the factory contrast paint work?
under the vinyl top trim. I always liked the way that older cars in the 50s and 60s had stainless trim that sectioned off portions of the body so that it was easy to have 2 tone or even three tone paint jobs from the factory. They probably used the clip holes and knobs to mask off the sections and then just installed the "vinyl trim" with no vinyl. That's the way that Cuda was too. My 64 Dodge 440 had a stripe inside stainless that went all the way down both sides.

under the vinyl top trim. I always liked the way that older cars in the 50s and 60s had stainless trim that sectioned off portions of the body so that it was easy to have 2 tone or even three tone paint jobs from the factory. They probably used the clip holes and knobs to mask off the sections and then just installed the "vinyl trim" with no vinyl. That's the way that Cuda was too. My 64 Dodge 440 had a stripe inside stainless that went all the way down both sides.
Interesting! I never knew that. Was this offered on more than '70 models? Which color combinations were available?

Yes, I don't know when it started but I would bet at least as far back as 67 and on into the mid 70s. You could order your car with any combination of colors that were offered on the car. Use your imagination... plum crazy with a F4 green top??? I'm not a big expert on fender tags, but I believe there is a code for a painted top with a color code connected to it. Somebody here knows the details...

-
Back