My $300 Turbo Convertible

-

Dartish

Reaction score
Couldn't pass this deal up. Found a 91 Shadow convertible that's been sitting in a garage for quite a few years. Has a 2.5 turbo and auto trans.Put a battery in and drove it home. Thing is in pretty amazing shape for an old pocket rocket from Iowa. No rust, nice interior and paint and seems to be very wellcared for. Previous owner was an older gal that bought it new and quit driving years ago. Wanted $300 to get it out of her garage

VZM.IMG_20180301_161109.jpg

Awesome. I had a 600 Turbo convertible some years ago. Great little cruiser.

Its a fun little car. Turbo doesn't seem to make any boost. Probably seized?????

Probably a vacuum leak on the wastegate system. Even in new form you could hear the turbo spinning - i'm not sure if it was seized that the engine would run at all. But might not make any boost if the wastegate is seized or not getting the signals.

Sweet convertible, that's a keeper, you don't ever see those!! Kegan B. knows about those Turbos. I believe '91 is a good year because it has an intercooler(?)

Sweet convertible, that's a keeper, you don't ever see those!! Kegan B. knows about those Turbos. I believe '91 is a good year because it has an intercooler(?)
Keegs knows some ,these run deep E.T,'s , check the wastegate situation out,these were not maintained on coolant .. do a leakdiwn,look at head gasket . Just what's off my cuff Hopefully ... RRR ,or KrazyKuda chime,in.

I change oil in it right away but haven't got around to looking at turbo or vacuum lines yet to see what's going on. It runs fine if you just putter around with it. The vacuum/boost gauge is stuck on 30" vacuum so ill prob have to do something about that just for its COOL factor.lol

-
Back