My 470 Stroker Build

-

captain america

Reaction score
Here is my 470 build that I am just about to finish up.

470 Stroker engine

400 Block
Aluminum main caps with studs
440 steel cranked stroked
3.915 Stroke
4.375 Bore
Ross Pistons Dome C.H. 1.633
Eagle Rods
Bullet solid roller Cam .681 lift 280 duration @ .050
Milodon oil system
Comp lifters and springs
Smith Brothers push rods
Harland Sharps 1.5 roller rockers
452 heads fully ported polished and bowl work
M1 intake
Holly 800 carburetor (for now? any suggestions)
Msd ignition
TTI headers
Electric fan

727 transmission
B&M Trans cooler
Turbo Action forward manual valve body
Turbo Action Cheetah shifter

8 ¾ rear
4.10 gear
Yukon axles Wildwood brakes

255/60 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial ( For now will mini tub later)Super Stock leaf springs

Let me know what you think of the build. What do you think it will run? and any suggestions on the carb? I was thinking mabe a Chuck Nuytten.

Attachments

• IMG_0920.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,728
  • IMG_0922.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,708
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,680
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,646
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,665
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,632
  • IMG_0948.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_0954.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,648
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,638
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,648
I still have some cleaning up to do like the electrical wires and spark plug wires, but it is getting there!

That sir is very nice! Please let us know how it feels, post a video please.

Wow!! another big block A Body Looking great captoin, No make that looking real good :tongue9::cheers:

The specs on your engine are awesome. Even more awesome is the job you did on the paint and assembly of the motor. And your Dart is beautiful. Looking forward to some feedback on how that bad boy runs

Ma Snart

What compression ratio do you think you ended up with?

Ma Snart

Attachments

• B3 Wheelie Side View Mopar Muscle.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,313
Nice build!
As you asked about carb size, I would say that if your driving on the street a lot, I would go with the 4150 Holley 1000cfm and 1" spacer. If it's limited street and plenty of strip, I would run the 4500 Holley 1050cfm with the adapter plate to 4150 intake.
I'm not sure of your budget, but a set of Victor heads would REALLY pick that thing up! It would jump your comp up some though,,, but that also builds power!
I have a set on my 440,,,,, I love them things!
BTW, I have a modified 850cfm 4150 Holley on mine and it's not enough.....

Thanks 67 B-body. I wanted to keep the comp down some for now, but im sure next winter I will be changing the heads and doing everything I can to make more power. lol

So I took the car for a ride finally this weekend! Have some good and bad news. The good news is the car is really strong and is a ton of fun to drive. The bad news is that I about 10 minutes into driving the car I go to floor it again, and the front came up and instead of staying in the gas like I should I let off and the front came slamming down and put a hole in my oil pan. Luckily we had another oil pan in the garage. After lifting the torsion bars up and making almost like a shield on the new oil pan, I went for another ride and everything feels good and does not hit anymore!

Phil, sorry to hear about the pan. Could have been worse, much worse. I'll bet there was some cussin going on the garage that day. Glad to hear you are back on track.
Fellow FABO members, I saw this car in the flesh. It is top shelf.

Hey Jim yes it could of been a lot worse and there was a lot of cussin going on in the garage lol. Everything seems to be ok now though, and I can not wait to get it to the track!

Glad to hear your on the road again and except for the wheelie incident, all's well. Guess that bad boy is putting out the HP!!! Did you have to change the pan and your unddies?

Are you planning to take it to the track for a timed run?

1st April I take my fish to the local drag track to get the frame certifed to 8.5 and then make more practice runs to get ready to take the test for my NHRA license later this summer (I bought my car in Sept and have never drag raced before, and this car wil run mid 9's). I am dying to keep my foot into it for 1325 ft instead of lifting each run at 1000 (to not get thrown off the track for going under 10 sec without the license).

Wish I lived closer to NJ to come see your car in the flesh.

Have fun with that beautiful car and new kick *** motor.

Ma Snart

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race Burnout Side View.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,200
Ma Snart I might have also had to change my unddies lol. I do plan on taken the car to the track. I still have to put the cage in, but I might sneak down there one night this month without the cage Your car sounds like a monster, beautiful too!

It is a handful for my first drag car. I bought the car from Dave Young, the Technical Editor for Mopar Magazine. He built the car and engine as projects back in the 2005 thru 2009 time frame for the magazine. He and his wife raced it down in Florida quite successfully in the brackets. So while the car is fast, it is also safe, launches straight, and was built to be liable. It is the perfect car to learn to drag race in because Dave did all the hard work building and setting the car up right, llowing me to focus on developing my driving skills.

I give you alot of credit for doing the work on your car yourself, that is not easy. I just wrote a check for my car. But hey, that is what is cool about the car hobby, many different ways to enjoy it!

Ma Snart

-
Back