My 6.1 retrofit thread

-
Cheers mate....but nah..no entrepreneur.......but I might get a discount on the invoice LOL!

- my car has been a real test "mule" for some of these parts.

Not my work guys - my workshop guy..

Consider that both sides started off looking mirror image - you can see the work that had to go into the "unfinished" side to clear our steering box.....almost looks like a Max wedge header!

He's a great fabricator - he'll be producing modified versions of the TTI mounts that actually work for us... , long tube headers to suit our cars, a oil filter block off plate and a very nice power steer delete pulley now he has basic measurements to work off.

I'd be interested in that delete pulley!

I'd be interested in that delete pulley!

I ran it past him - unfo he doesn't plan on making any for some time due to customers cars having to be finished.

FWIW........The Street and Performance item is a much nicer and less expensive option than the Bouchillion piece though.

Here's a couple of pics of the mount work that was done -

20130223_115958_zps76d46fda.jpg

20130223_115929_zps8cda240a.jpg

And here's a couple illustrating the difference in available room between left and right side...

Right side (welds still have to be linished)

20130223_103532_zps98eba380.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right side

20130223_103749_zps86fa9170.jpg

the p/s delete pulley doesn't exist on the market yet, right?
I used the pump without internals and filled with oil. Hope it it works a while ( now 2 years) ...

I used the pump without internals and filled with oil. Hope it it works a while ( now 2 years) ...

Bouchillon Performance has one:

http://www.bpeusa.com/G3HemiFrontEndParts.asp

They are a bit pricey.

I'm still hoping to be able to use the new Borgeson PS pump in my Dart.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Street and Performance also sell one ....its a nicer piece than Bouchillion for less money.

Google "Hot rod lane.cc"

Street and Performance also sell one ....its a nicer piece than Bouchillion for less money.

Google "Hot rod lane.cc"

Originally Posted by Buschi340

Google "Hot rod lane.cc"

Planning on one of these options. S&P isn't too bad compared to bouchillion. Also think of doing a hydro boost brake setup and using the current ps pump to run the hydro boost.

Avoid the Bouchillon p/s delete pulley, they are way over priced and of average quality.
Here`s a pic of mine. straight out of the box with five washers behind the flimsy nylon pulley for packing.Not worth the $280 i paid for it.

Attachments

• 812.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,173
20130314_170419_zps4cb23c42.jpg

20130314_170343_zps8c91f3ba.jpg

Here's a video of my freshly installed 6.1 in my Aussie A Body.

The motor runs an Indy Modman carb intake and MSD6013 spark unit.

The cam is an SRT MAX Plus on a 110 LSA....went in on a 114 ICL.

The whine is the electric fan...but you can still get an idea of the lump in the idle.

Haven't measured vacuum yet...and have to get the Transport Dept to sign off on the conversion before i can take it out and really get a decent Video....

I can say its super responsive and very quick...probably a little sharper down low than my old 392 CUI stroker LA small block.....I'm guessing that would be the superior heads and timing.

[ame]http://youtu.be/9cylXD4KxkY[/ame]

Thx Jason....it was a bit of a struggle at the end..chasing down the electrical issues and adjusting the spacers for the correct carb height...but we got there!

I can tell even now it drives smooth and delivers plenty of torque...I don't think the carb induction is goig to be an issue at all.....a light car , 3.9 gears and a 3800 stall probably help ;)

You have no idea what a PITA it has been! Chrysler Australia took the "cheapo" option and used the US K frame when building these cars - the the steering box and brake booster are really crammed into the right side....

Two most expensive items were re-fabbing the right side header and getting a modded booster bracket made up.

I hope to have some external vids when the car gets out of the paint shop.

Also finally finished my blog on the install - I hope Ive covered off 90% of the issues and parts required...........You can view it by chronological post or page selection

http://moparskunkwerks.wordpress.com/

Id like to thank everyone who's answered my endless questions and provided assistance.

I genuinely could not have done this without FABO.:cheers::notworth::notworth::thumblef::wav:

Great job man, glad to see everything is worked out for you. I am at a cross roads about what to do for a rad. was looking at Griffin and a custom from Ron Davis. I will check out the champion rad.

Gates 25526 (13") and 25527 (15") Universal fit hoses will work.

They don't look great...bt until I can source something more "OEM"..they'll do.

Nice work, really like the sheet metal covers for the coils.

Sounds good, can't wait for some video.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Now running an Eddie Thunder 800cfm on a 6.1 SRT G3..through an Indy Modman intake.

Thru my 12 sec 318/392 stroker with ported 360 iron heads - this carb was running 107 main and 104 secondary jets.

on the HEMI...370 cui with a smaller cam and
Lower comp....its dialled on at 96 primaries and 74 secondaries!!!!

..and making an easy50hp more

Superior combustion dynamics and intake signal anyone? :shock::prayer:

All done and dusted - the Keyser alloy air cleaner has shown an improvement over the K&N....probably due to hood clearance.

Hope to have dyno results in a three or four weeks.

20130703_183555_zps96e39ce7.jpg

-
Back