my 64 Dart Convertible

-

Fredsgarage

64 Dart Vert Project, 62 Lancer Wagon BIG project
Reaction score
Hi All,
I rescued a 64 Dart Convertible /6 Four Speed from certain neglect. The previous owner took it completely apart with his Father In Law. They had plans to make it into a custom gasser. Well Dad passed on and Son didn't know much about cars so it sat in pieces for 13 years until I came along .
I feel like I found a great car, but it being stripped down to nothing but suspension, no interior at all, no motor or trans, no glass , virtually everything was on the shelf or hiding somewhere in his garage and shed.
So now I will rebuild/freshen the 225 (its a BH block from 73 i found out) and the A833 and then I will tackle paint.
The Good
-Straight rust free body, factory 4 speed car and what looks like 95% of the trim, hardware and such. Custom beautiful bolt-less front and rear bumpers, in box and wrapped just like they bought them in 2006.
The Bad
- Going to be an investment in time and money and research. Thats okay really.
But this car Needs all material replaced; top, seats, panels, dash cap, carpet. Front glass needs to be replaced. Motor will have to be gone through, same for trans. Will consider replacing the stock 7 1/4 axle with 8 & 3/4. Will need all new brakes, so what not di$c?
Oh and I wish it had been me taking it apart because it will be a complex puzzle to put back together even though I have the factory manual.
Please be patient with me. I am out to make friends of everyone that has owned or currently owns a 63,64,65 Dart especially a convertible.

Photos to follow .
Nice to meet all of you,
James ( my Dad was Fred r.i.p. and he once owned a garage)

Hi All,
I rescued a 64 Dart Convertible /6 Four Speed from certain neglect. The previous owner took it completely apart with his Father In Law. They had plans to make it into a custom gasser. Well Dad passed on and Son didn't know much about cars so it sat in pieces for 13 years until I came along .
I feel like I found a great car, but it being stripped down to nothing but suspension, no interior at all, no motor or trans, no glass , virtually everything was on the shelf or hiding somewhere in his garage and shed.
So now I will rebuild/freshen the 225 (its a BH block from 73 i found out) and the A833 and then I will tackle paint.
The Good
-Straight rust free body, factory 4 speed car and what looks like 95% of the trim, hardware and such. Custom beautiful bolt-less front and rear bumpers, in box and wrapped just like they bought them in 2006.
The Bad
- Going to be an investment in time and money and research. Thats okay really.
But this car Needs all material replaced; top, seats, panels, dash cap, carpet. Front glass needs to be replaced. Motor will have to be gone through, same for trans. Will consider replacing the stock 7 1/4 axle with 8 & 3/4. Will need all new brakes, so what not di$c?
Oh and I wish it had been me taking it apart because it will be a complex puzzle to put back together even though I have the factory manual.
Please be patient with me. I am out to make friends of everyone that has owned or currently owns a 63,64,65 Dart especially a convertible.

Photos to follow .
Nice to meet all of you,
James ( my Dad was Fred r.i.p. and he once owned a garage)

Welcome, I'm a 66 dart convertible person.(even though I've had 64-65 convertibles too!) We are always glad to help

Good luck with your rescue! I'm replying so I can track you after I bring home a '64 4 spd Vert. When I'm dialed, I'd be happy to talk and send pics!

:thumbsup:

-
Back