My 65 Dart GT

-
They finished the trunk today, here’s some pictures of that:

SP_A0758.jpg
SP_A0757.jpg

They will spray a rust coating on it tomorrow. I’m really pleased with how the paint under the trunk went. It looks great! They started wetsanding tonight and called me over to take a quick look. They weren’t even close to finishing a small section of the quarter panel and I could already use it as a mirror. It looks great and couldn’t be happier (SO far!)

Last edited:
After it got the trunk fixed up it sat for a few weeks while they did other cars. Today they finally took it back, polished the paint and did the clear coat. Quite a difference so far!

Next will be to wetsand the clearcoat.. Can’t wait to get her home and start the engine work..

SP_A0802.jpg
SP_A0796.jpg
SP_A0792.jpg
SP_A0803.jpg

Last edited:
Love the car! Awesome work! My sister had a white one of these when I was a kid. She called it the frog car. That bright red makes this a blended frog I guess.....

Are they going to spray the trunk red?
If not have them do it.

Lookin' better every day Jeff. Time for the blown Hemi now?

You read my mind! ;) Thinking of ditching the hood alltogether.. I wanna have it so i have to drive with my head out the window like a dog to be able to see anything at all!

Windshields are overrated. haha!

now where did i put put that hemi....

Nice, you´re doing a great job on your Dart.
Keep the great work up.

Thanks a lot I’m more than happy with the way it has come out. It has so far beaten all my expectations! Just takes time, that’s all.. and SO much patience! I know it's worth it, but sure miss my summer cruising :clock:

You read my mind! ;) Thinking of ditching the hood alltogether.. I wanna have it so i have to drive with my head out the window like a dog to be able to see anything at all!

Windshields are overrated. haha!

now where did i put put that hemi....
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their heads out the window - it's the joy of the wind in your face.

Got a shot of her when she was sun bathing earlier today. They were just prepping for the wetsanding.

SP_A0809.jpg

SP_A0808.jpg

Now its time to start polishing that trim.... weee

SP_A0810.jpg

Oh yeah, good times this weekend.

Last edited:
steelies and dog dishes for now. You cant tell but theyve been painted and wetsanded already too. I would love to find some cragars but i'll probably eventually end up with a set of rallies.

A quick update –about 95% of all the trim is on. Still needs the mirror and the Dodge sign on the front and stuff like that installed. The headliner goes in this morning, then the windshield guy comes to put the front and back windows in the car, then the correct new-to-me mirror goes on, as well as other odds and ends. I could end up getting it back today, but probably tomorrow. If there are picture-worthy changes today, I’ll post them tonight. They also will be finishing the rims (clear coat goes on) and painting the gas caps (I got two, one as an extra just in case one disappears!) and painting the inside of the trunk. They really want to have it finished today, but I’d expect getting the keys tomorrow

A few trim pieces and we’re set. I will get the keys tomorrow afternoon! So excited! I need to order a new rear window gasket.. turns out the one that I had was ripped, so the guy won't be able to properly attach the rear window until that comes in. Whoever took it off the car about 6 months ago damaged it and i never knew till tonight. I’ll still get the car tomorrow, but they will just have the rear window silicon glued in place. Once the gasket arrives they’ll do the rest for me. The cheapest i've found the gasket is in Paddock for $119.95, and the windshield installer guy will call me tomorrow when he finds a price from his people too. If he’s anywhere near that number, I’ll go with him so I can just get it on and start driving this thing!

and big thank yous to waggin for that passenger side rear wheel well trim, and i am trying to remember who sent me the bumper for such a great price, but THANK you to him as well. and to the rest of you who helped me put together a nice set of dodge dog dish hubcaps!! (I now have a VERY nice set of Plymouth dog dish caps for sale if anyone is looking...) Forabodiesonly.com has been such a great place for me its ridiculous.

here's a shot of her right now..

SP_A0836.jpg

Last edited:
Crsahcptain nice looking car 4 sure same year color and all to mine two ?s are u going to put the vinal back on top and WHAT color is it called ?? i was thinking these where TOR red but checking the #and talkin with paint shop down here they tell me its "Ruby"red i dont know the diff?been a straining summer 4 me so when we get started on mine il post some pics also was sure if u were able to use any of the dog dishes i sent but if cool if not feed the dog keep the pics comin ive got bags and bunches of parts collected also SO many from this GREAT site and the A body lovers that are willing to pass them on fairly thanx all Bert

I will be using your dog dishes you sent, thank YOU so much for them! You'll see the pictures tonight - I go to pick it up after work today! They look GREAT against that bright red paint. I shined them up and they're excellent. The paint is the original color for 1965. The paint code is PP1 and i believe its called "bright red" on the color pallet.

Because of your dog dishes, I have a perfect set of Plymouth dog dishes I’ll have for trade/sale as well as a slightly bent back bumper with perfect chrome I’ll try and hock.

Big thanks to the ABodyOnly community for all the help and parts. You guys/gals rock.

so u made up MY mind about the Vynal i wont be putting it on car looks awesome with just the SS trim across roof way cool car

Thanks! Come back later on tonight - i took some pictures i'll upload as my final finals. It looks amazing!

I’ve had her back for about a week now. Time to post the final pictures:

SP_A0873.jpg

SP_A0872.jpg

SP_A0874.jpg

SP_A0879.jpg

Complete with new headliner! My headliner guy also recovered my sun visors in black leather for FREE! He’ll be my guy when its time for the seats.

SP_A0878.jpg

SP_A0875.jpg

Another shot of the roof for 65DrtGT:

SP_A0877.jpg

On Sunday I gave her a tuneup – new plugs, points, oil, and battery. We’re devising plans for complete engine/trans/coolant system/break rebuild right now (you’ve probably seen my posts lately about those subjects). Very excited to yank it out and redo!

SP_A0870.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back