My 66 Dart no radio?

-

jose65cuda

Reaction score
How rare is that it don't even have a antenna hole on the passenger fender. I have seen chev pick-up's with a radio delete and no antenna but never on a car.

My 67 Barracuda is the same, but a radio was an option in 67, not a delete if you don't have it. 68 and up radio was standard, at least for the Barracuda. I constantly get the 'it's got the radio delete' comment and I don't explain it anymore.

Yeah, radios were extra cost options, so you do not add an option then delete it.

Radios were optional for years, no radio was installed if no one paid for it.

My 66 Dart GT had no Radio or antenna hole on fender. And it was part of the GT package. SOO it was deleted. right? Bucket seat column shift V8 Car. Drum brakes.

My brothers 1970 340 Duster did not come with a radio. Don't remember it having a hole in the fender or not. That was a long time ago. Had the cool rally dashboard though!

My 66 Dart GT had no Radio or antenna hole on fender. And it was part of the GT package. SOO it was deleted. right? Bucket seat column shift V8 Car. Drum brakes.

20141122_134314 (1).jpg

Get the buildcard from Chrysler Historical and see if it has any additional information.

At the Chrysler dealership I was working at in 1968, a factory stripped down basic Newport came in. Standard drum brakes, 383 2-bbl, no A/C, no power windows, no power anything and no radio (of course no antenna hole). Weird but true, strange combos did happen.

My 65 Dart wagon was not ordered with a radio - no hole in the fender.

3DD2CF1C-CE32-4A8A-B6C2-A7280364BFAC.png
9302B47C-108F-4670-A632-BDAEEFCAF309.png
B5B37060-CCC9-4B13-8A68-F154125F7D2C.png
How about this, a factory radio and heater delete car.

It has a aftermarket heater mounted under the dash. Notice the plugs in the firewall where the factory heater hoses go.
WTH order a heater delete car, then install an aftermarket heater? Still cool...

-
Back