My '66 Mexican Valiant Convertible

-

bb66cuda

Reaction score
Been looking for a 66 valiant convertible for a while and finally picked up this triple red 66 mexican made vert off of craigslist. It has a lot of different trim that the american cars didn't have on it. Does anyone here have any kind of specs on these cars? I can't find anything about the 66 online. It has a factory heater delete, padded split bench seats, and several other odd items. Here's some pics.

valvert 163.jpg

valvert 162.jpg

valvert 164.jpg

I will take a look around!!
But I have to say she is a dandy=D>
I see allot of different trim, horn , dual mirrors, and looks like a trim part on the hood was there at on time.
Is it a v8 car or 170,198 or 225.
I think it looks like a three on the tree.
Congrat's bb66cuda The trim in the drivers side grill is different to along with the top fender markers.
A pair of 66 A bodies :thumbrig: to cool.:cheers:

It has a 225 and 3 on the tree. Yes, I think the "hood spear" is in the trunk. It is missing 2 emblems on the side, that may have said acapulco on them but not completely sure.

Some of the Mexican Acapulco Valiants came with Barracuda grills and lots of other things that were different. Cool find. Ditch the padded ghetto seats seriously.

Some of the Mexican Acapulco Valiants came with Barracuda grills and lots of other things that were different. Cool find. Ditch the padded ghetto seats seriously.

I would like to second that.8)

I haven't decided what I'm going to do about the interior yet. In some ways I would like to keep it stock since I'm assuming it is a fairly rare car. Even the dash pad is cloth rather than vinyl.

How did they get those lazy boy chairs to fit in there?:toothy10: Neat looking little ride. The more I see those Valiant rags the more I like them.

That looks like smugglers upholstery!! Find any bricks of Mary Jane in there??

I have never seen ash tray's on the drivers door arm rest before:scratch:

Great find! Looks like a solid ride to me. It will make a sweet cruiser when you get done with it. I would love to have a lil' valli with a /6, just to bum around town in.

Congrats on your find!

my valiant came with ash trays up front mike. was an options i guess.

That upholstery doen't look original. The seats may be, but to covers are not. You don't use cloth in rag tops.

I'm thinking the seats have been reupolstered at some point also. Unfortunately I have no idea how they looked from the factory since there's no vinyl underneath. Looks like the car was originally white also.

Really cool car - very unique too!

Some of the items look to be original such as the valiant name in the grill and the Barracuda turn signal indicators on the fenders. To me it appears that the seats wer switched at some point in the 40+ years it's been on the road.

The door panels and side panels appear to be a different pattern than the typical '66 Signet pattern.

Do the holes in the hood along the center line look like they were punched (at the factory) or added later?

Any idea when it crossed the border? The license plates are fairly recent, compared to 1966. Ya gotta get rid of that upholstery. Shoot, a Mexican blanket would look better than what's there now - and it would support the cars origins!

Any idea when it crossed the border? The license plates are fairly recent, compared to 1966. Ya gotta get rid of that upholstery. Shoot, a Mexican blanket would look better than what's there now - and it would support the cars origins!

The person I bought it from said it had black plates on it when they bought it, but since registration was so out of date he couldn't keep them. I plan on changing out the interior eventually, but have a ton of body work to do to the car before I worry about that.

-
Back