My 68 Cuda Mini Tub work almost done

-
Do they sell these rims with a bigger backspace?Sorry,I,m in Canada and we don,t have a Jegs.

But they will take our $s :)

All the best MOPAR aftermarket stuff comes from the states..Jegs, summit, year one, schumacher, legendary, etc..

..and of course, from this board :)

...and our dollar is only $. 02 cents off

Cheers
Grassy

AWESOME! I love 68 Fastbacks!!!!!! I too would like to see pictures of the tub install..... Would love to get the nerve to cut my 69 notch one day......

I cannot tell from the pics but did you have to move the springs inward via shakkles after you tubbed or was tubbing all that was required. The kids want tires that size so I guess I will have to do some welding.

Are prefab tubs available or did you make them ?

Thanks
ian

I've got the biggest soft spot for fast back cudas man and yours is amazing, my dad's got a 67 fb (I rode home from the hospital in it in 89 on my Bday) and he's got his first car still a 68 fb. the plan is to do a barely street mostly strip job on the 68 and put his 16 plug HEMI in it, the 67 is just a cruiser that's now getting a nice 10.2:1 340. Keep up the progress, I've got a new thread to keep tabs on =P~

Thanks guys , I will post some pics soon .
I need to get in the back and do some grinding .
I used the MP inboard spring relocation kit , but I put sliders on the back . The factory tubs were split and moved into the frame rails . This gives about 3" extra tire width .
It will be just a cruiser , about 600 hp from the 505 stroker motor I'm putting together . It will see some track time , and probably a little action on the street :)

Cuda MiniTub work October 09 041 resized.jpg

Cuda Minitubb work 6-30-09 011 resized 2.jpg

I used the MP inboard spring relocation kit , but I put sliders on the back .

OK..so you put the relocation shackle on the front and the slider on the rear..do you have to weld in the rear or is it a bolt on ?

Thanks
Grassy

front spring hangers were removed , frame was then notched for the inboard spring hanger and the new front hanger was welded in .
If you you use the complete kit , you use the rear shackle with the kit , no welding on the rear shackle .
The sliders were used instead of shackles on my car . The sliders are welded in on my car

There are several articles on this site and BigBlockDart.com about how to do it .
Thanks
Donnie

A few more pics , ! got the disc brakes on it now , Now I gotta find a parking brake cable that will work
Anybody have a part # or know of what will work with the factory parking brake and the Willwoods ?
Donnie

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 002 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 006 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 010 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 025 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 030 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 036 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 040 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 048 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 055 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 056 resized.jpg

Looking good,love the shorty Dana!Looks like it,s coming along great!I love the wheels!
P.S Yes those wheels will look good on my 66!

This may be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of the sliders?

This may be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of the sliders?
Copied this from the web ........

The AFCO leaf spring sliders can eliminate the up and down movement of the rear spring eye caused by shackles moving through their arcs during suspension travel. Consequently, the rear suspension's loading points displace less during suspension movement. Sliders, depending on their installed angle, generally reduce the shackle effectæ and provide more consistent spring rates than shackles. There is no shackle effect to the rate of the spring when the slider is mounted to point directly at the front spring eye center(this is the preferred mounting position). Since sliders are usually more rigid than shackles, they have less tendency to bind laterally during cornering. In general, sliders improve the handling consistency and predictability of leaf spring equipped race cars.

I love the blue the car already is. I really want to know, asap, if you can still use the rear interior with the wider tubs. I won't do it to mine unless I can still use the back seat and trim and panels. Really gonna be a nice car when you get done!

I love the blue the car already is. I really want to know, asap, if you can still use the rear interior with the wider tubs. I won't do it to mine unless I can still use the back seat and trim and panels. Really gonna be a nice car when you get done!
Ive seen some fastback Cudas mini tubbed and keep the back seat , I plan on keeping my back seat . It will take some fab work . When I get to that section I will post some pics.................. It will be awhile
I wish I was born rich :)
Im still looking for info on the Willwood rear parking brake cables
Thanks
Donnie

-
Back