My 68 Cuda Trunk Trim from Steve Clair Young

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
Please go to Facebook on the 67-69 Barracuda Owner Group on Facebook and see the results of his work and shipping process.

IMG_8127.jpeg

IMG_8128.jpeg

IMG_8134.jpeg

IMG_8136.jpeg

IMG_8132.jpeg

IMG_8126.jpeg

Hope it was insured
Love the shippers, they take such good care of things.

Last edited:
And you will get the ODD one vouching for him, but then you see the true BS in dealing with him. Is that black pinstripe tape instead of paint?

So what's the story ? Did it get mashed in shipping or by Partsmonsta ?

I used to sell a lot here. My wife took care of the shipping. She says that the Priority Shipping carries $100 insurance with the price of shipping. Take box and all that to your PO and see what they will do for you. I KNOW you spent way more than that. But $100 is $100. You would think a guy would have better common sense to ship a high $ part like that

That's some half-assed packaging right there. Anyone who ships parts should pack their stuff so that it will pass the "10 foot drop test." You should be able to drop your package from 10 feet with no damage to the parts. Sucks that you're in this situation, but can you massage the trim back into shape?

I agree with @RAT ROD AL, try to see what the post office will do for you. You'll likely recoup at least some of your money.

"10 foot drop test."
How about a "TANK test " !!!!

Last edited:
Hey folks,
I found a sure fire way to ship trim to be restored to protect it from damage.

Use black PVC pipe and end caps. Lots of different diameters available.

Tell your supplier to re-use it to ship back.

Best part is you can use it around the house for repairs after you get it back!

I thought I heard USPS doesn't accept round tubes anymore.
Nope!

I used them to ship parts in tubes.

Unless something changed in the last year or so...

EDIT:

Hi Mopar Head, just checked on-line and you can still ship in round tubes. You may be charged a little more because the sorting machinery has a hard time moving a round tube so its sorted by hand.

Better than losing a rare 50 year old piece of trim though.

Last edited:
@69Chrgr What payment method did you pay with ?

Last edited:
This was done by Steve at Clair Young in Florida who goes by Partsmonsta here on this website.
you should have sent them in a pvc or abs 4'' pipe , and requested that he use it to ship them back.
altho, I bet he`ll make them good ....be surprised if he doesn`t !!

4" pipe is too small. Need at least 6". This gets expensive. Go to shipping/packing company. I use 6x6 box, extend it for your use and re-enforce with additional boxing or wood.

-
Back