My 69 / 440 / 4spd

-

one bad 440

Reaction score
Starting with power plant pics and adding more as I complete the car.
440 as it sits waiting for me to finish dressing it for install.
102_4716.jpg

more to come... soon I hope... sucks having a full time job and trying to complete a project...

sweet! I take it :p
what all is done to it?

Thanks.Its a .030 over 440, blueprinted and zero decked. Balanced rotating assembly. Full floated KB's hyperU's, the cam is my own grind specs mechanicle full roller billet with intake and exhaust lift at .704, custom push rods from Smith's, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, 440 source heads with Rev valves and springs to match the cam, mopar intake and a Quick Fuel 850 on top. Should pull the 69 around pretty good..

Its not like I took them out of the box and walked to the engine and bolted them on, 704 is after 1.6

I gonna guess he knows more than lettin on.Cam specs?.I'll guess (at .050)intake 250 260,exh 262 270.You did more than a bowl blend.Pushrod restriction,guide streamling.Did you raise the roof?If not,280 to 310 at 28 inches.

we have already proven this combo. Makes plenty of HP/TQ with no oil issue. Did not run out of fuel or air either. thanks for the advice.

Been there,bud.sometimes people don't understand .Peace.

No one said you had to offer your opinion on his motor. It's his money and his car, let him do what he wants. If it fails lesson learned if it works good for him

.700 is not too big for a head like that even out of the box, necessarily. When you take into account that the heads reach their max flow at .650 lift and then you take into account valvetrain deflection his cam could possibly be just right. Talk about busting his balls. :wack: Wow. When did the Mopar community become so mean? Hey bud good luck with your build the motor looks good! :thumleft:

No judgement here. What car is this going in? Street strip? Good luck with the build. Sounds awesome.

To those that replied kindly without judgement thank you. I thought of deleting this thread but instead for those I will continue as I go. As far a dyno sheet, you know what they say about a first impression, you only get one chance at it.

Gentleman, next time you run into a members post that you consider rude or just picking a fight simply click the red outlined triangle in the bottom left hand corner of the offending post. By doing that you will alert all the mods at the same time and one will come look at the thread and adjust if necessary.

Continue on.

Engine and trans are in car. Hooked up the exhaust last night too... getting close. I'll try to put up more pics tonight.

Wait i want to hear more and see this run on dyno please don't delete as it sounds and looks awesome....Please video your dyno run this is the best way to rub it in lolololo

Curious about the header/4spd set-up. What headers are you runnin and how is the clearance for the Z-bar or are you going Hydraulic?

Running 2" TTI headers, you need to use the TTI Z bar or it wont work, I tried and almost decided to revamp the stock type Z bar to make it fit but after weighing out my time versus buying TTI's I bought theirs. I will say you wont believe it will clear to look at it before you install it but it does.

What is a Z bar? I have TTIs on my SB and like yours they angle inward. I am not sure how I will get them to fit the store bot 3" X pipe.

I like the idea of using a decal to do the PLYMOUTH on the nose like I also have on my 68 fish.

-
Back