My 72 Demon

-

Pentastarnut

67' Barracuda
Reaction score
I sold it November 2016, to a cool guy from MI that told me his plans were to restore it, then enter it into the March 2018 Detroit Autorama show. The car had one tiny rust spot on the drivers side rear 1/4 and the spare tire well had one small hole so the body's metal was in great shape. He changed a few things but kept it the colors i would have so it's kinda cool to see it finished. It's an EV2 car that had white interior, MP crate 5.9 Magnum motor, TCI auto, 8.75, and rallye's. It still has the same motor, but he added a Fitech EFI, tremec 5 speed, dana with disc's and changed the interior to black. Everything has been powercoated and all of the gaskets, wiring, etc is new. He's been sending me pics all along the way so it feels like i'm a part of the restoration. If you are close to Detroit go check it out this weekend and let me know how it looks in person. Here's a before and after pic. It's his car so he did it his way...
kTXZa3Y.jpg

MXF0KMd.jpg

nk94BxD.jpg

Last edited:
I live in the Detroit area. I'll go check it out this weekend.

Beautiful car! Love the demons! Wish Chrysler would remake a semi fastback demon instead of calling a challenger a demon.

EBFEA082-F277-44C9-9D21-B59F33D30524.jpeg

Wow! Car is beautiful. I don't care for his stripe, but it is amazing

Personally i think wicked’s demon looks 100x better.

Park that foose mobile thing next to another demon and that thing looks like a hot wheels car

Beautiful car! Love the demons! Wish Chrysler would remake a semi fastback demon instead of calling a challenger a demon.

View attachment 1715148269
Another Demon with the stripe to low. Here is where it goes when they were new. The gas cap gets painted The handle is part of the stripe. I put these on in the 70's.

Picture 389.jpg

i11969.jpg

18301964_1022974281169213_8041961905723350069_n.jpg

Another Demon with the stripe to low. Here is where it goes when they were new. The gas cap gets painted The handle is part of the stripe. I put these on in the 70's.

View attachment 1715148874

View attachment 1715148875

View attachment 1715148888

Another purist A-hole arguing about BS that doesn’t matter.

You think that vinyl stripes installed by 20 something’s at a factory job 40+ years ago were all the same? Are you insane? The factory couldn’t even hang the quarter panels on these cars within a 1/4”, and you think they were more accurate than that with the stripe? Give me a break. The stripes were all over the place. Badges were stuck on the trunk crooked, rear axles were installed off center, body gaps were all over the map.

Yeah sure, there’s a factory diagram somewhere that calls out the exact location for those stripes. And if you think every car that left the factory matched that diagram I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

I always saw you as a different person than this post. Guess I was wrong. I Stated I installed these stripes and this particular stripe on these cars could not be installed lower by someone at the factory There was only one place they fit. The fuel lid opening was cut into the stripe. If installed lower you would see body color under the stripe. Those are the facts and why do you have to make up stories as you do to make yourself right. There was no factory diagram. There was placement cuts on the transfer tape.

You my friend can't accept when you are wrong . Something I have seen before. Who cares? I care to inform members for future placement. Put wheel well chrome on some of these cars and see how that looks with no paint between the stripe and the chrome.

Stripes are expensive why not be informed before you install them. You can't handle being wrong . I've seen that before. Calling me an A-hole is your speed. I thought this was prohibited. Grow up.

i seen the car at Autorama.... Nice car ... but like stated earlier ... looked better prior to restoration... just my 2 cents ...

Fact is if someone wants to install them however they want why does it matter. more than likely they probably already know its not exactly the same as factory. I believe they look better centered with the body line, yes it puts it slightly lower but so what, i like it where its at. Whats next, you going to fault me or someone for using modern hose clamps instead of the crapy original spring clamps?
Or that mine or someones car is straighter than it was from the factory? Theres too many variables to say that any one stripe position is wrong, whos to say that phenix graphics didnt reproduce the stripes 1/8” wider than the originals or that the transition width is exactly the same from front to rear. If this was a thread about demon stripe placement i could understand you wanting to inform someone. But sending random personal messages to members informing them that their stripes are too low or commenting about stripes being lower on a post that has nothing to do with stripe placement Comes off as being self indulgent and rude. Great you installed your stripes in more of a correct place as the factory did, you make it seem like your the only one who has ever installed stripes correctly, you also seem like you want to make sure everyone knows yours are installed “properly” and the others are all just half assed attempts at putting stripes on. If someone asks about stripe placement then by all means tell them. But you think because you send me a message saying that my stripes are too low you think im going to order new ones and go run out in the garage and peel them off? They were installed where they are as i believe they look better than the factory placement, it wasnt a big deal to me, so yes my stripes are a little lower than factory, my rear decal is centered, my car is 100% straight, and all my gaps are even, cry me a river.

Instead of telling everyone their stripes are low actually do something productive and contact phenix graphics and tell them to mark the decals in the right place as a guide.

Im not usually the violent type but if someone walked up to me at a car show and first thing they told me is my stripes were a little lower than they should be i wouldnt be surprised if they walked away with a hand print on the side of their face.

Last edited:
Fact is if someone wants to install them however they want why does it matter. more than likely they probably already know its not exactly the same as factory. I believe they look better centered with the body line, yes it puts it slightly lower but so what, i like it where its at. Whats next, you going to fault me or someone for using modern hose clamps instead of the crapy original spring clamps?
Or that mine or someones car is straighter than it was from the factory? Theres too many variables to say that any one stripe position is wrong, whos to say that phenix graphics didnt reproduce the stripes 1/8” wider than the originals or that the transition width is exactly the same from front to rear. If this was a thread about demon stripe placement i could understand you wanting to inform someone. But sending random personal messages to members informing them that their stripes are too low or commenting about stripes being lower on a post that has nothing to do with stripe placement Comes off as being self indulgent and rude. Great you installed your stripes in more of a correct place as the factory did, you make it seem like your the only one who has ever installed stripes correctly, you also seem like you want to make sure everyone knows yours are installed “properly” and the others are all just half assed attempts at putting stripes on. If someone asks about stripe placement then by all means tell them. But you think because you send me a message saying that my stripes are too low you think im going to order new ones and go run out in the garage and peel them off? They were installed where they are as i believe they look better than the factory placement, it wasnt a big deal to me, so yes my stripes are a little lower than factory, my rear decal is centered, my car is 100% straight, and all my gaps are even, cry me a river.

Instead of telling everyone their stripes are low actually do something productive and contact phenix graphics and tell them to mark the decals in the right place as a guide.

Im not usually the violent type but if someone walked up to me at a car show and first thing they told me is my stripes were a little lower than they should be i wouldnt be surprised if they walked away with a hand print on the side of their face.

Wow you are really upset that someone pointed something out to you that you didn't have a clue about. I don't care if you put Camaro stripes on your car. Its your car do with it what you want. Gas caps were painted no decal. And I don't even have a Demon . Mine is pictured below. lost in the 80's with the driver

I see you at a show I will tell you and there won't be a thing you'll do about it. You won't be the first one I told this to. Guys are real tough when only their key board is in front of them. I would love to own your car.

But don't take good advice as criticism. Your car is nice and very rare. Not every one knows everything including myself . I learn something new about Mopars everyday I come to this site. There is one thing I do know for a fact and that is. YOUR STRIPES ARE TO LOW!!! And I guess you'll have to live with it . If you like it that is all that matters.

spoiler pics 576.jpg

Wow you are really upset that someone pointed something out to you that you didn't have a clue about. I don't care if you put Camaro stripes on your car. Its your car do with it what you want. Gas caps were painted no decal. And I don't even have a Demon . Mine is pictured below. lost in the 80's with the driver

I see you at a show I will tell you and there won't be a thing you'll do about it. You won't be the first one I told this to. Guys are real tough when only their key board is in front of them. I would love to own your car.

But don't take good advice as criticism. Your car is nice and very rare. Not every one knows everything including myself . I learn something new about Mopars everyday I come to this site. There is one thing I do know for a fact and that is. YOUR STRIPES ARE TO LOW!!! And I guess you'll have to live with it . If you like it that is all that matters.

View attachment 1715149057

I told you i already knew they arent in the exact factory spot, i definately can live with it and have been for the past 6 years, seems like you are the one who cant live with it, im not losing any sleep at night due to the position of my stripes. Good advice can only be given if someone asks for it and replying to a question someone has not telling someone something of theres is wrong if they didnt ask anything on the matter in the first place. I see a lot of things wrong with door gaps, wavy body work and paint jobs at car shows but do i go up and tell the owner that some good advice would be to correct your door gaps or have someone better at body work/paint redo your car. No, its just making a *** out of yourself. Going out of your way to tell someone something is wrong is being an ***. If i would of posted a reply to a demon stripe position thread i could understand where your rebuttal would be relevant. My thing is its not what your trying to inform people about it is the where. If someone askes a question about stripe placement you wont hear anything negative from me on anything you advise, but messaging any members or commenting on any posted photos whos stripes are positioned lower than factory is a little obsessive.

As for weather or not what i will do or wont do in person that can only be answered at the time that the situation presents itself.

Last edited:
I always saw you as a different person than this post. Guess I was wrong. I Stated I installed these stripes and this particular stripe on these cars could not be installed lower by someone at the factory There was only one place they fit. The fuel lid opening was cut into the stripe. If installed lower you would see body color under the stripe. Those are the facts and why do you have to make up stories as you do to make yourself right. There was no factory diagram. There was placement cuts on the transfer tape.

You my friend can't accept when you are wrong . Something I have seen before. Who cares? I care to inform members for future placement. Put wheel well chrome on some of these cars and see how that looks with no paint between the stripe and the chrome.

Stripes are expensive why not be informed before you install them. You can't handle being wrong . I've seen that before. Calling me an A-hole is your speed. I thought this was prohibited. Grow up.

So, your argument is that every single Demon ever made left the factory identically the same? That's not even an improbability, that's an impossibility. We already know that didn't happen. There were cut outs in the stripes. Ok, so what? You think there was NEVER a gap between the stripe and the cap recess? Ever? Or that no stripe ever overlapped the cap recess a little? They were all perfect. Come on. The presence of a cut out for the cap recess doesn't prove they were all placed the same. Heck even if it did, that was only one side of the car. Like I said, the factory couldn't even keep the body panels within a 1/4" of each other, and your argument is the stripe placement was always perfect and identical? Do you not see how silly that is?

And really, look at that black and white picture you posted. I mean really look at it. That stripe is lower than the one on the blue car you posted. Just look at the body line at the end of the quarter. On the blue car the top of the bottom stripe is even with the body line. On the car with the white stripes the stripe is lower, the bottom of the top stripe is even with the body line and if you could see the whole wheel opening you yourself be arguing the stripe is too low. If you're going to post examples, at least have prove your point. Those two cars don't have the same stripe placement.

And yes, if you will send a private conversation to a person you don't know, who has a beautiful Demon btw, just to argue with him about his stripe placement, then yes, you are in fact a purist a-hole. Even if you were really 100% correct, it would still make you an a-hole, because that's not some "nice" gesture. You're just being a pompous jerk nit picking some other guys car when you don't even know the story. It has no effect on you, it doesn't matter at all, the car isn't even restored to factory original specs anyway.

The factory wasn't perfect, no matter what you think. There's just no real possibility that every car, made at several different factories, over the course of 2 years, by hundreds of different people, was the same. It just did not happen that way. The fact that you're willing to rail about this in completely unrelated threads shows you're the one that can't handle being wrong. Your arguing that the factory was perfect, and that's just insane.

Last edited:
I want to apologize in advanced to the op, sorry your thread had to be the one to get off topic. cool story and awesome you got to see the car done, even though its probably not the way you would have done it or the way some of us would like to see it, it is still cool to be able to see the process and it be completed, almost no one ever gets to see the car after they sell it.

Just because you had a nice car doesnt mean you can act like a jerk, replying to a thread and stating nothing relavant is asinine, as is this whole stripe conversation, it is really only disrespecting the op at this point

-
Back