My Amazing Mom,...Must be the Irish...

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
As some of you may know, My mom suffered a major stroke/bleed 2 1/2 weeks ago,...Total right side deficit, with no speech at all,...almost in a totally vegitative state,....As you can imagine, It put the whole family into "oh holy ****" mode,...

Lots of phone calls from all over the states, Doctor and staff consults and meeting, missed time at work, no sleep, Relatives camping at my house...My Dad was just stunned, I'm sure some of you folks are familiar with this.

Once she was stabilized and slowly recovering, I Had her transferred to a local hospital with a very aggressive rehab program,...What a differerence,...

Spent yesterday watching the staff work with her,...Just freakin amazing,...Eating on her own, talkin up a storm, fiesty as ever,...Even went out to the flower garden at the hospital so she could get some fresh air,...I figure at this rate, we'll be at a sub-acute rehab facility by the end if the month,...

In my 35 years of EMS work, I have never seen anyone bounce back from this caliber of brain injury so fast,....Freakin Amazing,....She reminds me of my great gramma who was off the boat from County Cork, that women was a pice of work,....Must be the Irish,,....

It was a good day.

Great news Jaimie!! Seems as if our prayers have been heard and she is on her way to a full recovery! I'm still praying that she continues on her path, and thanking The Lord that you and your family can have some peace in your hearts!!

Give Mom a big hug from us, she deserves it!! Geof and Nella

Great news Jaimie!! Seems as if our prayers have been heard and she is on her way to a full recovery! I'm still praying that she continues on her path, and thanking The Lord that you and your family can have some peace in your hearts!!

Give Mom a big hug from us, she deserves it!! Geof and Nella

Treva is still sleeping as I quietly peck this out jaimus :prayer:
X2 on brother Geof's words this morning... The Lord continues to bless and answer prayes.... Mike and Treva.. :prayer:

Great news! Prayers on the way that she continues to improve every day and is back to her usual self in the very near future.
Really glad to hear this!

Dad had 5 strokes when I was 15 or so. Truly amazing what the right support group can do. But more important than the right support group is the right state of mind on the part of the affected person.
My Dad was not supposed to make it thru the night after it happened. Yet one of the docs had his foot taped to the bed frame so that he did not have the droop. Dr. Kay told us to ignore the surgeon, that my Dad was going to walk out of there. Several weeks later sure enough he did.
Fast forward a few years. He tripped and fell on the patio blocks around the pool. Ended up breaking his hip. Had it set in the hospital and ended up in a rehab facility. They told us that he would be there at least 3 months. 3 weeks later he was home. Therapy opened at 8 a.m. My Dad would be there at 7:30, waiting for the first therapist to show up. Dad would not let the therapist go to lunch....and he made him stay late. He walked with a limp prior to breaking his hip, strangely the limp was gone when he left rehab.
Made me smile to read that your Mom is recovering quickly. Hope she continues and is paroled (that is what my Dad called it) soon....

Glad it is coming along so well. It could have been so much worse. Sounds like she's not gonna let it.

-
Back