My Arkansas Deer Hunting Ground Blind

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
This old car was here in our woods when we bought the property and moved here from Illinois in 2007.
Don't know the year or make of it.
I now use it as my ground blind for deer hunting.
DSCF3070-1.jpg
DSCF3071-1.jpg
DSCF3072-1.jpg
DSCF3074-1.jpg
DSCF3075-1.jpg

No luck from it yet.

Looks comfortable!! Is that a Winchester 30-30. Man, I had one when I first started hunting but like a dummy, I sold it.

And...its not for sale, you're going to fix it up one day, lol.

Its not for sale.jpg

id guess a 37 ford....but it could just as easily be an 67 chevy...neither one of them are my area of expertise

Looks comfortable!! Is that a Winchester 30-30. Man, I had one when I first started hunting but like a dummy, I sold it.

And...its not for sale, you're going to fix it up one day, lol.

View attachment 1715110050

It is a Winchester 30-30 Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Carbine.
My wife bought it for me for our 1st wedding anniversary 11/30/1969.
I could not hunt with it in Illinois. I used it to deer hunt here for the first time last year.
Shot my 1st Arkansas deer and buck on the first shot on the 1st time out and the 1st time using the gun and tree stand.
Got a "small" six point. I have shot bigger button bucks back in Illinois. The deer are small here.

Cool! And good luck Dart67. Just got back from setting up another tree stand myself on our place in WI. While at it, I turned an old perc test hole into a ground blind.... what the heck right?! 6 days until opening day :)

Be well,
Pat

20171111_093407.jpg

20171111_093426.jpg

Head on deer eye level.
20171111_094820.jpg

Last edited:
It is a Winchester 30-30 Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Carbine.
My wife bought it for me for our 1st wedding anniversary 11/30/1969.
I could not hunt with it in Illinois. I used it to deer hunt here for the first time last year.
Shot my 1st Arkansas deer and buck on the first shot on the 1st time out and the 1st time using the gun and tree stand.
Got a "small" six point. I have shot bigger button bucks back in Illinois. The deer are small here.

Nice, you had it a long time. Great to be able to hunt with it, I'm sure!!!

I hunted in Pennsylvania when I was much younger. Big deer there! Met my wife in Arkansas, she's from Benton, Arkansas. You're right, smaller deer in down that way. They might be larger up toward Missouri.

Here in Ohio there are houses everywhere so i prefer to be up in a tree shooting down into the dirt but l do like the car blind.

Here in Ohio there are houses everywhere so i prefer to be up in a tree shooting down into the dirt but l do like the car blind.

I prefer to be up in a tree stand myself. I do not like ground blinds. The old car has sat there for years, so I decided to use it.
If I had been in a tree stand last night, I probably would have had a shot. As I stood up to go in, a unseen deer blew that was just past a slight rise on the ground. I could see it when I stood up.

Nice, you had it a long time. Great to be able to hunt with it, I'm sure!!!

I hunted in Pennsylvania when I was much younger. Big deer there! Met my wife in Arkansas, she's from Benton, Arkansas. You're right, smaller deer in down that way. They might be larger up toward Missouri.

I sat in a pit blind where I hunted in Illinois a few times. Had I not been in the blind I may have been shot by an idiot "hunter" on the park property next door. I had a deer decoy set up. He came up to the fence and shot at it and missed. Kicked up the dirt off to the side of the pit. I yelled at the SOB,Then stood up and he ran off.

Good luck with your hunt.

Probably can't get a more natural ground blind than that old car. Deer won't be suspicious of it. Now the guy sleeping in it might be another story.

I grew up in Missouri but have also hunted in Arkansas. The deer are much bigger in Missouri. I really miss hunting there. I don't even try to hunt in TN there are soooo many houses

-
Back