My Barracuda.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
It is FREAKIN AWESOME!

6ish years of looking at it sit there and now it's running and driving again. Sounds and drives FANTASTIC!

Took the little lady around the block and now she wants to drive it to work.

I still have some cosmetic issues, under the hood, I want to take care of but all of that can come later.

Attachments

• Runner!.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 214
Only had minor problems with start up. The accelerator pump in the AVS didn't like sitting for years. Had to build a solid fuel line (pump to filter/filter to carb) because I switched from the Victor 340, 800 Holley DP to the stock intake and stock AVS. I like to keep rubber line to an absolute minimum.

Then...... I put the AC compressor on and it wouldn't work with the fuel line I bent up, so I had to make a second one.

Needed to remove both valve covers and "clearance" the baffles a little to clear the the rockers.

Very happy happy for you must be an erotic feeling after all this time...cant wait til I can say and do the same...and my wife will not be driving mine oh so sorry dear..congrats to ya,go rip n snort that beast...

Well maybe the wife will enjoy it so much she will have you take it out of the for sale section!!!!!

Great to hear it's running!!! Wish I would get my rear in gear on getting my Swinger running, it's been about 6 more year than yours has not been running. LOL

That is very very clean! Congrats on finding the motivation and the reward for finding it!!
If mine was done, Id be driving my ol' lady in it.....wink wink nudge nudge

-
Back