My buddy's 68 Satelite

-

Moparnutt340

Reaction score
Went to Hamilton on the weekend to visit my buddy. He has the motor out of his 68 Satelite getting rebuilt, so I offered to fix up his engine bay. When the car was pianted they didn't remove the engine. The car is now Sassy Grass Green, was originally Sublime Green.

3 hours from start to finish and wow what a difference. $45 well spent !!!

Here's the before and after pics

Dave4.jpg

Dave7.jpg

Originally sublime?? Can't be, that color didnt come out till 1970!! Same for sassy grass!! Did clean up nice though!! Geof

Looks great!
My 70 RR was painted black under the hood. And I did the same thing to get the color back. Mine didn't look as shiny as that.

Originally sublime?? Can't be, that color didnt come out till 1970!! Same for sassy grass!! Did clean up nice though!! Geof

Sorry, not "original" colour but I meant thats what was on it before the Sassy Grass was put on it in 2009.

Looks great!
My 70 RR was painted black under the hood. And I did the same thing to get the color back. Mine didn't look as shiny as that.

Its a PPG base/clear paint. Had them mix up a spray can for the base, the clear is just off the shelf spray can. He just wanted it cleaned up but the nice shine was just a bonus, lol

It turned out pretty good considering what I had to work with.

2 pieces of sand paper
box of SOS pads
Paint / Clear
roll of tape

Car is parked out in tim-buck-2 middle of a muddy gravel lot, no rags, no tools, 1 bucket of clean water....... :banghead:

Thanks guys !

Figured I should show you the car ...............

68 Plymouth Satelite, 383 auto, Black Int., 8.75 rear 3.23 suregrip

Dave1.jpg

My 70 RR was factory Sublime, and no neither I nor the original owner "picked" the color. I would have much preferred Sassy Grass, but I don't believe? it came out until 71? Looks good

What did you use to clean it?

I had a 69 383 RR also, but it was a coupe with the kick out rear windows. The 70 was a V code, hard top.

-
Back