My Dad picked up a new toy

-

CUUDAK

Reaction score
Just thought I would share my Dads new toy. He picked up a 1984 Rampage "Prospector" 5spd for $1500. Damn thing has less than 80,000 miles on it! Got some hail damage on the hood and a little on the roof. Old original brown paint cleaned up nice too. Rebuilt the carb cause it ran pretty bad at idle but screamed up top. Still ran like crap! So he ditched the Holley opted for the Weber kit for it. Now it runs pretty good for a 4 banger. Keeps up with my 98 2dr Highline except in the corners lol. Come on, did you think a 1/2 ton pickup would keep up with a nimble Neon lol...

Trying to talk him into the SRT4 swap! He wants to keep it close to original??

Attachments

• 1dadsrampage.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 321
Nice! Mine is R6 Garnet Red, the factory holleys on the 2.2's are a pain to get right, Plus they produced the least of all 3 years in 84.

How solid are the floors ?

Nice! Mine is R6 Garnet Red, the factory holleys on the 2.2's are a pain to get right, Plus they produced the least of all 3 years in 84.

How solid are the floors ?

No rust anywhere. Got tapped in the rear at some point. Has a greenish white tailgate on it and the right taillight housing/ 1/4 extension is cracked in 1 spot. Needs a little attention in the interior. The velour is starting to peel and the carpet faded. The bed has a few scratches thats it!

Clean little truck. The guy has a 83 Rampage "Scamp" that I can pick up for around the same price.

Thats a one year only model and its the Rampages cousin that Plymouth built to try and compete but it failed.

If the floors were worse then yes. I have an 83 i may drop a blown 440 and an 833 into.

Might consider a 2.2L Turbo. If you find a parts car, get complete engine w/accessories, radiator, fuel tank with pump, wiring harness, logic and power modules,and transmission linkages. I did a conversion on an Omni and it was all bolt-in. The turbo will give about 50% more horsepower, but it feels like double due to the increased torque over a large rpm range.

Might consider a 2.2L Turbo. If you find a parts car, get complete engine w/accessories, radiator, fuel tank with pump, wiring harness, logic and power modules,and transmission linkages. I did a conversion on an Omni and it was all bolt-in. The turbo will give about 50% more horsepower, but it feels like double due to the increased torque over a large rpm range.

Yep, I tried. I have had several L-bodies in the past. 83 Shelby Charger came with a Holley 4bbl on the 2.2, 84 Daytona Turbo, 86 Laser, 88 Daytona Turbo Z. All fun cheap cars.

He wants to keep it close to original as he can. He is an old fart at 61. His hotrod is a 74 Duster with a 413 built for twin turbos in the future.

Very nice Cuudak, I tried to buy one of those for a driver last year, but the guy would not come down on his price.

Very nice Cuudak, I tried to buy one of those for a driver last year, but the guy would not come down on his price.

Yeah, we looked a a 88 Shelby Daytona that was a COMPLETE rag on craigslist. He wanted $2500 and he blew a hole in a piston. All of the interior was gone except the two front seats. All he kept sayn is "Its got a new turbo!!" Duper Dumbutt lol.

The guy has another one that is a Scamp, it runs. Supposed to be a rare one year model? My dad was stuck on a Rampage so I searched for a while and most I found was 3 in Texas and none of them ran. Guess they squashed most of them? He seems to like it. Cheap on gas. I was shocked to see it is a half ton pickup though. Kinda nuts but he pulled a large 20 ton log splitter around with no effort.

The 83 Scamp is a "rare" one model year only trucklet.

-
Back