My Dart is a star

-

tomt966

Reaction score
My Dart is going to be in the movies! A local guy is making a movie and is going to use my car. The star will be driving it some and then it will be used in the background filming..... kool !! Pays cash plus gas for 4 hrs time on Sunday.

Way to cool :cheers: Congratulations tomt966.
Keep us updated on the movie :clock:

Very cool. We'll all get free copies of the film ? LOL

I wouldn't say be an a$$hole to them but watch them like a friggin hawk! I have read too many threads on car forums about "my car is going to be in a movie" and then someone on set either dents it, scratches it, stains it, or all out totals it. Just tell them either they let you stay on set and with the car when it isn't being used or they find someone else.

I wouldn't say be an a$$hole to them but watch them like a friggin hawk! I have read too many threads on car forums about "my car is going to be in a movie" and then someone on set either dents it, scratches it, stains it, or all out totals it. Just tell them either they let you stay on set and with the car when it isn't being used or they find someone else.

Well hopefully nothing shitty like that happens but he makes a good point. You may want to write something up for them to sign with compensation details for aforementioned potential travesties, better safe than sorry.

Yeah my Duster was used in a car wash commercial about twenty years ago, the camara guys are really careless, they bumped it a couple of times with the tripods while doing stills. Gotta watch the movie people, they can be rough.

That is to cool! Congrats. The only thing I would not go for is letting some one else drive my car. No way, thats a deal braker for me.

Let us know how it goes.

Good point. They do have liability insurance. And i was given the option to ride along with the driver (star).

Sounds like a scam to me. They just want to drive your car. I too am making a movie staring whoever has the coolest car here8). Seriously, that is really a cool thing to happen. Freezes your car in time. Now back to the movie thing...I have a camcorder and I'm a safe driver...any takers?:snakeman:

It would be cool if your car was like the Willys in Hot Rod. It's not done, all in primer, and when they give it back to you, it's got a Hemi in it! Sweeeet.

Keep tabs on your car, but that will be cool for sure.

Well, the filming is done. The car was used to "hit" a pedestrian woman. They wanted to use saran wrap on the hood/bumper to pour the blood (corn syrup) but the car had too much wax and polymers for it to stick. The people were all 25-35 years of age and the wife of the producer is herself a film producer for the Discovery channel military series. It is like a 30 minute film that they are going to enter in the Maryland Film Festival. $75 to hang around for 4 hours. Not bad. No damage to car.

DSC_0015 (Small).JPG

DSC_0046 (Small).JPG

-
Back