My Dart Vs C5 Corvette RESULTS

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
ok ok chill out! lol heres how it went
96 Gt Mustang: Guy didnt even have a chance a 17 year old trying to launch the car and it was not successful whatsoever i kicked his *** everytime and we did it from a roll at around 20 and i just left it in 1st (B&M Megashifter) and that put me at 3000 so when he signaled go i just took off. P.S. now he has coolant coming out of his exhaust and is scared his dad will find out lol were thinking the head gasket.
Chevy Camaro: I didnt even get a chance to run him because he bought the hypertech programmer thing and what i think he did was when he took off the governor for the RPM's he never set a shift point for the computer so when we took off his trans which is an auto went to 5000,5500,6000,6500, O ****!! ITS NOT SHIFTING!! so he immediatly backed off and as we speak is wondering wtf he did wrong haha
C5 Corvette: Ah the one everyone has been waiting for lol we both lined up and when we said go he got the jump but he spun and i took off easy about 1/2 throttle and at 15mph floored it and slowly reeled him in and that put me at about a car car and a half on him the entire time until i dropped out at 110 we ran it twice and second time he spun worse and dropped out. We then decided to go from the freeway and it was a neck and neck race until i hit 5500 and with 3.55 rear and a 26.5inch tire that puts me at 120. the trick to not letting him pass me was shifting from D to 2nd ( i know not all that great for the transmission) which puts me around 4500rpm so im making good power therefore not letting him get the jump.
P.S. he didnt use his traction control why? i have no idea

So there you have it i kicked a Mustangs ***, never found out what woulda happened with the LT1 and Beat a Vette from a dead stop and couldnt pull away from me up until 120 when i ran out of gear lol

Damn man well I guess a lot depends on the driver. A C5 is a solid mid 13 second car from what I understand, maybe low 13s with a good driver but then again a stick shift and stiff suspension would make one tricky to launch. Where are all these races at these days? I thought all the street races died out 5 or 6 years ago, I remember back in high school out by Montague Expressway between 680 and 880 back in the commercial areas there would be tons of them. Have not heard of anything going on anytime recently.

I was wondering how it went!! :pirate:
Sounds like you did a good job handling
and driving your dart. Know they know don't they.:thumbrig:
But if you look in the thread you started I called it.:supz:
You have dun yourself and us proud and kept your game on.
Sorry to here about your friend head gasket and glad you hung the vett
out to dry. You have a great car sir and congrat's to you for keeping a cool head and driving to victory.:cheers:

Good deal:D

I don't know about the traction control on the 'vette, but the traction control on our Mach 1, Mustang SUCKS and you would NEVER want to use it for racing. It pulls power out of the motor and is very unpredictable as far as how it lays down power when engaged. I think the only thing it may be good for is starting out in the snow...

Congrats on your wins!

Congratz! Sounds like a fun weekend. At least you're not going to have to hear any crap from these guys anymore. You might hear a lot of excuses though, lol!

Good going..but obviously the guy in the vette' can;t drive...besides take it to the track ,street/highway racing is not safe or legal...

You NEED that double pumper carb. Thats what hurt you on the freeway.

Mustang blew a head gasket, ha, most likely its a crack head. These new cars don't last, 12 years old, its all worn out-surprised it lasted that many years.

Awesome job. Now you're going to hear a boat load of excuses of some of those guys on this board, who are "supposedly" Mopar A body enthusiasts and owners. Especially those who think Vettes are unbeatable. Nothing like handing a Vette owner his ***. Great job. I remember when I had a 5.0 Mustang (Please don't kill me!), I raced a guy at work who had an early Vette and handed him his ***. All I heard from him then on was excuses everyday.

Traction control is not for racing or spirited driving - it's really for poor road conditions. It will either apply brakes or cut out the throttle, or a combination of both. You never use it if you want to take off as fast as possible.

Damn man well I guess a lot depends on the driver. A C5 is a solid mid 13 second car from what I understand, maybe low 13s with a good driver but then again a stick shift and stiff suspension would make one tricky to launch. Where are all these races at these days? I thought all the street races died out 5 or 6 years ago, I remember back in high school out by Montague Expressway between 680 and 880 back in the commercial areas there would be tons of them. Have not heard of anything going on anytime recently.

You're referring to Ringwood Ave off Trade Zone Blvd. It used to be every Saturday night at midnight between 91-93. Same with Boscell Rd in Fremont, & Huntwood Ave, in Hayward. Then a girl was killed while running across the street in the middle of a race at the Fremont location and that was the end of that.

Yeah I have heard about races way up north on first street near 237, Lafayette St too I think. I haven't been to the races up there since winter of 2001/2002 though so it has been awhile.

ya i dont go or race. i mean i have but it was just a light to light thing from like 0-50 i usually just cruise and save gas

Again I will REPEAT myself from the orginal thread that started all of this... BOWTIES ARE FOR NERDS and ON QUIET NIGHTS...YOU CAN HEAR FORDS RUST!!! Thank you for making all of us A-body MOPAR boys PROUD!!!

Again I will REPEAT myself from the orginal thread that started all of this... BOWTIES ARE FOR NERDS and ON QUIET NIGHTS...YOU CAN HEAR FORDS RUST!!! Thank you for making all of us A-body MOPAR boys PROUD!!!

Well said=D>

you have done well oh great mopar brother!! :cheers:

did you tell them "hey you dropped this....:thebirdm:"

well you proved that just because someone owns a fast car doesn't mean they know how to use it. just make sure you guys are in a desolate area with no one else around for safety.

ok ok chill out! lol heres how it went
96 Gt Mustang: Guy didnt even have a chance a 17 year old trying to launch the car and it was not successful whatsoever i kicked his *** everytime and we did it from a roll at around 20 and i just left it in 1st (B&M Megashifter) and that put me at 3000 so when he signaled go i just took off. P.S. now he has coolant coming out of his exhaust and is scared his dad will find out lol were thinking the head gasket.
Chevy Camaro: I didnt even get a chance to run him because he bought the hypertech programmer thing and what i think he did was when he took off the governor for the RPM's he never set a shift point for the computer so when we took off his trans which is an auto went to 5000,5500,6000,6500, O ****!! ITS NOT SHIFTING!! so he immediatly backed off and as we speak is wondering wtf he did wrong haha
C5 Corvette: Ah the one everyone has been waiting for lol we both lined up and when we said go he got the jump but he spun and i took off easy about 1/2 throttle and at 15mph floored it and slowly reeled him in and that put me at about a car car and a half on him the entire time until i dropped out at 110 we ran it twice and second time he spun worse and dropped out. We then decided to go from the freeway and it was a neck and neck race until i hit 5500 and with 3.55 rear and a 26.5inch tire that puts me at 120. the trick to not letting him pass me was shifting from D to 2nd ( i know not all that great for the transmission) which puts me around 4500rpm so im making good power therefore not letting him get the jump.
P.S. he didnt use his traction control why? i have no idea

So there you have it i kicked a Mustangs ***, never found out what woulda happened with the LT1 and Beat a Vette from a dead stop and couldnt pull away from me up until 120 when i ran out of gear lol

BTW...congrats. These are the stories I enjoy hearing about.

Just for the record, the guy in the corvette is retarded.

Yeah I have heard about races way up north on first street near 237, Lafayette St too I think. I haven't been to the races up there since winter of 2001/2002 though so it has been awhile.

They also used to run at Baileys Ave off 101. I've never been out there (too far for me) but heard that there used to be some wicked muscle cars down there.

well you proved that just because someone owns a fast car doesn't mean they know how to use it. just make sure you guys are in a desolate area with no one else around for safety.

Definitely. All the area's I mentioned above are industrial zones (not sure about Baileys), no traffic at midnight. The problem is that too many spectators started showing up. Do you ever watch the Baja 1000 on TV where all those spectators are standing on the side of the road? It was like that.

Next time take it to the track,its guys like you and others who street race that give guys like me and others who race LEGALLY on sactioned drag strips a bad name,especially when something happens ie:some bystander is hurt or killed,the news media always refers to it as drag racing when in truth its nothing more driving to endanger/speeding..

Sorry but the nearest track is Infineon Raceway in the north bay which is like 70 miles away, then there is Sacramento which is like 100 miles away. We dont have many choices here but to street race. Back when I used to watch the street races I never saw any incidents in which people were injured, I always stood near the front of the race since the cars then werent going fast enough yet to pose any serious danger.

Next time take it to the track,its guys like you and others who street race that give guys like me and others who race LEGALLY on sactioned drag strips a bad name,especially when something happens ie:some bystander is hurt or killed,the news media always refers to it as drag racing when in truth its nothing more driving to endanger/speeding..

yes, street racing is not the safest thing in the world but accidents happen at dragstrips too, people get seriously hurt or killed, somtimes drivers and every once in a while bystanders too at the drag strip. And if someone gets hurt on the track or on the street either way its still drag racing, theres always risks involved

-
Back