My Daytona Shelby Z goes to a new home.

-

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Brad came and got it this evening.

He is the owner of Wedan Street and Performance here in Columbus and
does all of my work on my cars. He does a better job than I could.
Hope he enjoys it as much as I did for the last 15 years.

http://wedanperformance.com/

Attachments

• 033 (Medium).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 024 (Medium).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 323
I bought one of those in 84 first year out. Mine was a dud spent more time on the hook than driving it. I tried to trade it in about a year and a half later and the Dodge dealer told me they didn't want it as a trade because they couldn't give them away. Traded it in on a 86 Cougar and took the beating to get shed of it. I didn't own a new Mopar again until we bought a 2006 300C. Sad as when that Daytona ran it hauled ***! Sounds like you got a good one looks good.

kinda sad to see any of them go ......I guess its like we are all foster parents to each project car we decide to save from the elements and mold it into something good. But eventually some of them have to go on to new lives with new people. Its sad but sometimes necessary. We miss them and sometimes get another car to remind of good days that are gone now and only captured in pictures, maybe a glimpse in a video and most of all etched forever in memories.

Hope your holding up and can find comfort in your new lancer and others that have come to stay with you while others have gone.

Thanks Rani

I have been looking 15 years for a numbered Shelby car that I could call mine.
I wanted one that would not require a restoration, that was original, had low mileage
(53,000) now, perfect interior, no rust, etc.

My dream came true last Friday. I am very happy that things worked out for me
in finding this car.

kinda sad to see any of them go ......I guess its like we are all foster parents to each project car we decide to save from the elements and mold it into something good. But eventually some of them have to go on to new lives with new people. Its sad but sometimes necessary. We miss them and sometimes get another car to remind of good days that are gone now and only captured in pictures, maybe a glimpse in a video and most of all etched forever in memories.

Hope your holding up and can find comfort in your new lancer and others that have come to stay with you while others have gone.

My '86 CS turbo 5 speed T top car was super fun when it didn't have electrical, vacuum, linkage or transmission issues.

:thumbup: Tony, Congrats on the sale of the Daytona & better yet that it went to your friend Brad. I'm sure he's excited to have the car!!

I wish I had pics of me driving it from MMW in the rain. It was pouring SO hard, I didn't take any, so you can tell him I didn't abuse it...LOL :)

cool cars ;) it's funny when people tell me " nice Daytona "
Idvlpzdh.jpg

... i usually just say thanx

Pentastarnut, I hear ya brother. It's just easier to say thanks than correct people sometimes who really don't know cars or really give a crap. They just see a nice car and compliment it. Good enough for me.

Thanx ;) it's really a Starion, but Conquest works too, all the same...better than Delorean, RX7, Mustang with a body kit, etc. ha ha ha

Mopar to ya

-
Back