My Demon/360 Magnum/$4250 - NEED TO SELL!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpie

workin' stiff
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am moving down to SoCal at the end of June - I need my Demon gone by then. I think $4000 is an extremely fair price. I just need it out of here. Here's the listing:

It started as a six-cylinder/auto/7.25” rear end car, but I replaced it with a 1998 5.9L Magnum from a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. The new engine is mated to a 904 transmission that shifts strong and spins a 1968 Coronet 8.75” rear end with 10”x2.5” drum brakes that have been rebuilt. The rear end is an open 2.94:1. It has a brown bench seat interior, power steering, and column shift.

IMG_0574.jpg

Both the rear end and the front suspension have been converted to big bolt pattern, and the front brakes are Wilwood with 11.75" rotors and 4-piston Dynalite calipers. It also has a new Wilwood master cylinder and adjustable proportioning valve. Other upgrades include a new dash panel with Autometer electric gauges and Detroit Speed and Engineering LEDs, professionally shortened and balanced driveshaft (by Driveline Service of West Sacramento), rewired engine wiring harness, and a fully-repainted engine bay. The white wagon wheels are temporary and any 15x7 or 15x8 mopar wheel will fit in the wheel wells.

DSCN2571.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

I upgraded and rebuilt the 5.9 over the course of a year. The short block was machined by Mother's Machine Shop in Fair Oaks, CA. The stock crank and connecting rods turn SpeedPro hyper pistons and Sealed Power rings. The cam is a Hughes 1418ALN custom-grind camshaft with a Comp Cams double-roller timing set, lifting a stock 5.9 Magnum valvetrain sitting on Racing Head Service 5.9L Magnum heads. Hughes Engines valvesprings and retainers hold the valves. An Edelbrock 625cfm 1405 Performer Series carburetor sits on an Edelbrock Air Gap intake, and exhaust is a set of Hooker long-tube Competition headers and out back a Summit Racing true dual 2.5" exhaust system. The car was dyno’d on the Mustang Dynomometer at Evil Genius Racing in West Sacramento, and made approximately 350hp (@5500RPM) and 390lbft (@4200RPM) to the crank (274hp/312lbft to the wheels).

DSCN4449-1.jpg

There are some rough spots on the car: the entire spare tire well was rusted out, so I cut out the affected area and riveted in a galvanized sheet as a temporary replacement. It should be easily removable with a chisel or a drill, and a new AMD trunk floor will weld right in. The tail panel had been crunched a little bit, so I pulled the area as best I could with my stud welder and painted it green to match the rest of the body. It's far from perfect, but it gets the job done. Finally, there is some bubbling paint on the driver's side rear quarter wheel lip. In general, anyone with welding and minor bodywork skills could repair the damaged areas easily.

Additionally, the interior is not in the greatest condition, but I have been replacing items and taking measures to clean it up as I have time.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Recent upgrades:

Removed the dash pad because it was rotting and cracking.

New remanufactured steering box made the steering tight and the tracking straight.

Wired an iPod/media player connection into the car, using an amp in the trunk and a connection next to the driver's seat. Plays through two brand-new 6x9 speakers in the package tray.

I know I bought the car during the boom, but I believe my work has paid dividends at least $200 more than the original price I paid for it. I have other pictures; all you have to do is ask. There are extra parts for it too.

Call 530-400-3045 or email [email protected].

I also have quotes from multiple transporters ranging from $800 to $1300 from my city across the country to Vermont, so that's a good indicator of shipping costs. Thanks for looking.

2nd that notion....cant believe he couldnt sell it at $5000. A Demon w/ a fresh 360 Magnum and suspension you can jump in and cruise now while you fix it up for $4250....? Find me another one....

Brian, have you lost that Mopar lovin' feeling? Did I see that you were getting into some other type of vehicle. If so, which one? I cannot remember. BTW: Why aren't you just taking this one down to SoCal? That's an easy drive. Was there an ultimatum involved? ;)

Brian, have you lost that Mopar lovin' feeling? Did I see that you were getting into some other type of vehicle. If so, which one? I cannot remember. BTW: Why aren't you just taking this one down to SoCal? That's an easy drive. Was there an ultimatum involved? ;)

Hey Ben,

Unfortunately another car isn't in the cards right now. I'm just under what I'm selling this for in credit card debt, so I want to get that axed before I get down to SoCal. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the car down there, but I can't drive it down there and I wouldn't have a place to store it. Plus, being smart about my debt is something I need to start doing.

Price reduced to $4,000. Please someone come pick this up. I really don't want to move with it.

wow 4k for that thing for the love of god someone jump on this! hopefully you sell it soon best of luck.

You have no idea how bad I want this car. I'm looking for a Demon to build into a race car. I'm just a long way away, and I can't seem to come up with the scratch. Working on it though!

Some interior pics might help.

Don't get discouraged as its a tough economy.

Have you tried putting it on Moparts?

Steve

take it to the hagen park mopar show on the 26th put it in the car corral! I'll be selling my truck there along with having a swap space to sell parts.

You have no idea how bad I want this car. I'm looking for a Demon to build into a race car. I'm just a long way away, and I can't seem to come up with the scratch. Working on it though!

Some interior pics might help.

Don't get discouraged as its a tough economy.

Have you tried putting it on Moparts?

Steve

I've tried selling on Moparts already :( and craigslist. I don't think that interior pics would help though lol.

Larry, I would go to Hagen on the 26th but I'm going to be moving to SoCal that day. I might just have it shipped down here to sell at Pomona.

Brian, leave it to you to pick the 1 day of the year the mopar show is in sacramento to move to socal!!! good luck my friend.

IF YOU BRING ME $3800 FIRM, IT'S YOURS. I want this GONE.

Put it into perspective:

Engine: ~$2500
Front suspension and brakes: ~$1800
Rear end: ~$300
Gauges: ~$600

THIS IS MORE THAN REASONABLE FOR THIS FREAKING CAR....

Sharpie...I feel your pain brother...I have been trying to move my Dart Sport with no nibbles...your price is great in my opinion. Just a bad economic time.

If I had the money and room for it, I'd have you bring it down with you. Unfortunately, I don't. Good luck with the sale, looks like a great deal.

if you werent on the other side of the country i would buy it

just a little to much for that sorry brother when i get my settlement check i will then consider if its still available but seriously for the love of god someone buy this screamin deal

if you were on the east coast i would buy in a heart beat! good luck! post on craigslist etc. remember exposure and advertisement gets it done!

Seems everyone out here are flakes and tire-kickers. Shipping is cheap these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back