My demon project . How would you build it ?

-
Its nice to get alot of feed back . Thanks . I guess I'm having a hard time deciding because the car has been in the family since new and I don't want to cut the body up . I like drag racing , but I would like to have one that will drive down the high way with out running high RPM's . I think the pro touring idea is good , but how expensive is that to do ?

I vote for early Pro Stock style - skinny front Keystones/Fentons with the nose down, circa 1971 lace panel paint job, Grump Lump hood scoop, Moroso cable-drive tach, Jerico 4 speed and of course a tunnel-rammed, twin Dominator'd dual plug hemi.

:cheers:

I vote for early Pro Stock style - skinny front Keystones/Fentons with the nose down, circa 1971 lace panel paint job, Grump Lump hood scoop, Moroso cable-drive tach, Jerico 4 speed and of course a tunnel-rammed, twin Dominator'd dual plug hemi.

:cheers:
That would be cool , but I think my yellow dart would make a better candidate for that . Its almost there already .

Hemi's are definitly cool , no dought about that , but they are also expensive . That would have to come later down the line . The new style hemi's are a little cheeper but they are rising in cost as well . If I could get ahold of a 5.7 out of a salvage yard or something like that , I could get that hidden coil kit from indy . It would almost look like the old one and be dependable too . Has anyone installed that kit before ? will it fit in an A-body ?

Stroked 400 B/B, aluminum heads, 727 auto, 3.91 gears, and the biggest rear tires you can cram into the wheel wells!

I don't have a 400 , but I know where one is . I didn't buy it because the guy says the timing chain broke . It doesn't look like he has taken it apart so I don't know how he came to that conclusion or what other damage has possibly been caused . It has the 727 still bolted to it , and I can get both the engine and trans for $400.00 . I just think its a risk without knowing for sure whats wrong with it . I do have a 440 though . It runs good too . Its still in the 68 new yorker it was in from the factory with the 727 . I've been debating using it for parts or not . I don't have the title , but the car is in great shape . What to do , what to do ?

I would keep it a small block car..... I'll probably catch some flack for this but a mild build small block will be right with a mild build big block =P~ Decide what block you want to use, sell the rest.... and start with building a power train.

Has anyone used the IRON RAM cylinder heads from hughes engines ? They are cheap and the flow #'s on thier web site look impressive . I was just wondering if it would make a big enough difference , on a 360 with a mild cam and flat top pistons , to be worth it .

What I would do and what you would do are two different things. And I refuse to give up what I would do with it so I dont give anything away about the car that will be started next fall! haha, anyway... enjoy it. All I am going to say is I would build a street/strip car with a mild 408 small block. As for appearance... thats all you.

Keep it as stocking looking on the outside as possible,build a nice 416 for it and run 11's with people thinking its stock..oh wait thats my car ..lol:-D..whatever you do stay away from that protouring look,these muscle cars weren't meant to have 17"+ wheels on them,they just don't look right with them...

Well , I found the tag on the fender well that has TB3 on it , so I'm 100% sure that it was petty blue . I think I will repaint it the original color . My dad showed me a pic of it when it was new . It had some ugly hubcaps and a rubber stripe that went down the sides right in the middle . I will not be putting those back on it , even though my dad pulled those ugly caps out of his shop ( He took them off , because he thought they were ugly too ) . I have a set of small bolt pattern rally wheels that I'm going to try to trade for the large bolt pattern rallys . I think that will look good enough for now . At least its a starting point . Its going to take alot of work before I'm ready for paint , so please keep the ideas going .

Keep it as stocking looking on the outside as possible,build a nice 416 for it and run 11's with people thinking its stock..oh wait thats my car ..lol:-D..whatever you do stay away from that protouring look,these muscle cars weren't meant to have 17"+ wheels on them,they just don't look right with them...

I've always wanted a sleeper !

A touch of Foose....

840_5a.jpg

I would go with a Gen III motor and run twins and transit with a 4L80E with paddle shifters and a nice 9" Ford with discs all around. Put it in the weeds. run some dirty super 40's with an oval side outlets in front of the rear tires. Don't paint it and clear coat over the rust. This way you can keep the sleeper look and grin every time you smoke an LS car. I love the sound of twins on a V8.

You can always do it like the new Mr. Norms GSS Demon project.
:snakeman:

-
Back