My Demon project on Painless forum!

-
That's great!! Love to see work in progress pictures, I hope to do the same when I get to mine. You have a huge job ahead of you, I'm about 3/4 of the way through one of those but I put it on hold and hope to do a quicker build on my Duster, it's in a better starting position (I hope :headbang: )

Depending on the weather I should be getting more done this weekend. I will be installing the 4 link cross member and brackets. Then it is on to reworking the tubs. I will update on the painless forum and let ya know when.

hmmmm...the day will come when i do my b'cuda with the painless/mopar wiring setup you guys have. :D now i know who to bug when i screw somethin up! lol jk

Awesome. I will be checking back on the Painless site to watch your progress. I have never attempted the fabtrications that you guys undertake. I admire the skills and talent that a lot of guys on this site have.

The page cannot be displayed for me today
I will try it again later

Well this is the segment where you learn that life happens! :eek:ops:

Since I started the Demon I have found myself in a different position. I am now getting divorced. No I am not selling the car. But! I am however going to be changing what I am doing with the car.

The list of things to come and hopefully when you will see these changes.

Art Morrison full tube chassis Next month.
Aeromotive belt drive pump, Regulator, and fuel log.
408 Stroker steel crank, 11:1, Eddy heads with a twist and a cam that will be talked about after the motor is running!
Weld Alumna Star wheels
MSD 6AL2 ignition
Autometer gauges
9" rear by Pyle Bros. Differentials
Strange struts, brakes, and rearend
ATI Powerglide, and converter
And you probably guessed it.

Painless Wiring

All fabrication will be done by BJS racing.

More to come hopefully in the next month.

Did you have trouble finding wheels to fit properly? I'm wanting to replace the rallyes on my '71 Demon, but I'm having some issues with clearance and offset. I should be able to fit 17s to clear the brakes and everything, but the tire itself will probably rub against the leaf springs in the back unless I can find a 17x6.5 or 17x6... Any suggestions for nice, 5-spoke designs with a max of about +25 offset and 5/114.3 (5/4.5")?

Actually that rear end was cut to fit those wheels. I also took into account if I ever wanted to run a 14 wide rim as well. I can't remember what the offset was on my Duster. I think on an 8" rim you need a 5" backspace.

my car wouldn't be running this year if it wasn't for the quality products from painless and easy instructions with all thier stuff, at least 5 of my buddy's are currently working on thier re-wiring jobs now that they seen how good my install went, i think we need to add a painless wiring section on this site

Awesome job, really nice work. Keep the pics coming they are a great reference for people like me doing the first build. Awesome looking wheels car has a nice stance!

It is actually sitting on the stock K frame with no T bars or shocks! LOL. But that is about how it is going to sit when its done. Maybe a little lower.

my car wouldn't be running this year if it wasn't for the quality products from painless and easy instructions with all thier stuff, at least 5 of my buddy's are currently working on thier re-wiring jobs now that they seen how good my install went, i think we need to add a painless wiring section on this site

I would have no problems with that! Thank you for the support. There will always be support from Painless present here.

Jason

-
Back