My Duster Adventures

-
If I remember correctly, I think I jammed a 2x4 front and back of the tires, measured that, then made it a little tighter yet so I’d for sure not get any movement.

That's what I am doing as well. Checked again just to be sure and I am getting 20.25" or so overall.

I don’t know why I didn’t include a picture of the car sitting on the cribs in that post, but here’s one. If I remember correctly, I think I jammed a 2x4 front and back of the tires, measured that, then made it a little tighter yet so I’d for sure not get any movement.

View attachment 1716157777
With today's lumber prices, you might need to go rob the trash pile at a new construction site!

With today's lumber prices, you might need to go rob the trash pile at a new construction site!

:rofl:

My current plan is 10.5" wide, 20" long and 12" high. I am adding an additional 20" board at the top (3 wide) so the tire has a full surface to rest on, and I am making it a 2 part assembly like @75slant6 did. Current projections show that I can get everything out of (14) 2x4x96 @ $4.52 each, locally. So like $70 for the wood. Not as good as it used to be, but better than the plastic ones at $200 a pair or more.

-
Back