My Duster has to go bye bye

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
No, I am not getting rid of it. Today he is going for a ride to the paint booth. By tonight I will have driven him Plum Crazy. literally. post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC08400.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 650
  • DSC08401.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 646
  • DSC08402.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 658
Awesome!

Can't wait to see the "after" pictures...

Plum Crazy is cool!!!!

isn't it a wonderful day when all that work will pay of!???? YES!
don't forget to cover those fancy rims and tires!!!

Damn Bill, you dont waste any time! You get the **** done. Have you thought about changing the color? A B3 blue would look awesome

its baaaaack........ home at last. it is a little darker than it was before but using the same paint Dupont Chromabase, I believe it came out right this time. no flaws at all . ran out of paint so we plan on painting the back of the firewall Monday night and the engine is going in Tuesday night.

Attachments

• DSC08423.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 546
  • DSC08424.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 546
  • DSC08419.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 548
  • DSC08422.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 538
  • DSC08420.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC08416.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC08415.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 562
  • DSC08413.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 547
  • DSC08409.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 561
damn Bill , how in the world do you do it? the turn around time is just incredible lol

looks beautiful

Lance, I just start a project and don't stop until its done. I usually set a timeline as to when I want to finish and plan each day around it. If I need parts, I start looking. just like I am about to do right now. Found a right tail light housing cracked on this thing so I am going to find one and get it here.

Work done very sweetly and swiftly. Someone has the gift, eh.

Good Job!

Phil J

sanding and buffing started today. starting to look like glass.

Attachments

• DSC08429.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 335
I have the engine back together , detailed and it is ready to set back in Tuesday.

Attachments

• DSC08427.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC08428.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC08430.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 336
firewall ready to paint tomorrow night. It didn't need to be painted until we untapped it in the paint booth and noticed the difference in color. It was really noticeable. I looked at Tyler and said" you know what we have to do don't ya ". last thing either one of us wanted to do was tape the firewall and scuff it. But have to do it before the engine goes in.So, that is tomorrow night.

Attachments

• DSC08431.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 346
I like the darker shade.That's what I want for my Dart.Did you do anything special to get the darker shade or is it luck of the draw ?( It's apparent I don't know much about paint).How many coats of clear ?

This is Dupont Chromabase. Chryslers C7 paint Plum Crazy from back in 1971. This is the only variation they have. This is solvent base paint. Now if you go with waterbourne paint, they have a new Plum Crazy that came out on the newer Challengers. back when the car was painted first, the guy who mixed the C7 paint added something to make it a little lighter. I like this color better. 3 coats of clear. Deltron 4000.

This is Dupont Chromabase. Chryslers C7 paint Plum Crazy from back in 1971. This is the only variation they have. This is solvent base paint. Now if you go with waterbourne paint, they have a new Plum Crazy that came out on the newer Challengers. back when the car was painted first, the guy who mixed the C7 paint added something to make it a little lighter. I like this color better. 3 coats of clear. Deltron 4000.

Thanks for the info.

-
Back