My Duster....

-

sthorvictor75du

Reaction score
Hi to all, i just had some questions relating to my car that i was going to ask the memebers of this board, after hearing from a certian memeber of this board (no names) i came to thinking that my "piece of junk" (quoted from a relation to this person) has every right to sit where ever i plan to park it whether it be in my dirve way, on my lawn or in my shop...im proud of the time and effort i put into it with my father for the past 5-6 years, my father being my guidance and myself the builder, (thank you Dad)... we started 5-6 years ago with a $400.00 granny 6 banger, and now i have a car thats worth a heck of alot more in centamental and cash value that i hope to own as long as i can, learning from my fathers mistake of selling his muscle cars as he was a teen....so after this being said, i am going to post some pics for everyone to see, and i want to know your HONEST oppinions please, i dont care if their negative or positive, i ant to really know if my car is a peice of junk, to me it is my heart and soul, blood and tears, and many memories... so please reply i dont care if you own a muscle car, truck, van, or even a ford persay, i want to hear responses, and to those individuals out there thinking my car is junk, and seing it on the hiway im still getting bugs out, and ajusting to my liking. thank you all once again.

sthorvictor75du

P.S. some of the pictures are from a year or so ago when the car was not 100% complete, the front was modified because i accidentally broke the original grill and i wanted more air flow for the engine comp. and the rear because i saw a prototype pic of a duster in a book and wanted to duplicate it, i didnt want a car that looks like all the other ones, sory i understand why people like original, but i wanted something different.

DSC04849.JPG

DSC04939.JPG

my dusterback 008 mini.jpg

DSC04844.JPG

DSC04934.JPG

DSC04852.JPG

I like it you should be proud. When you put a lot of time and not just $$$ cars are like people, they mean a great deal.

Just blow it off, they dont get it... you are a stud! Hang your head high I say..

I think your car is badass! I respect all old cars, custom or original. I think its awesome that you did this much work to that Duster. Us mopar guys need to stick together. Bashing another guys car is bad enough, but inter-brand bashing is the wrost thing of all.

i really think the custom work adds a unique style to your duster. is the dash custom too cuz it looks like it?

you should be proud of what you have accomplish. who cares if someone doesnt like it cuz you can't please everyone.

yes the dash is custom i spent 60+ hours laying in the gauges and building up the curvage to make it flow..ill try ot get a better pic

thanks

Tell the person that called it a "piece of junk" to go **** themself!
I think that it is cool to see someone customize a car that 99.9999999% of people restore to stock or do the same damn thing to. You goto a car show and see the same old thing over and over again (even at Mopar shows) I get bored with them and stopped going to some shows. Then all the sudden you come across something like your car and I have to crawl all over it, inside and out just to see everything that has been done. Even if I don't think some parts are cool who cares it is YOUR car and YOUR ideas and YOU like it the way it is so **** what I think or what anyone else thinks!

By the way I think that it's pretty cool!

You asked for honest so here it is. I myself see a niche for this kind of car but its not my cup of tea. I dont really care for the grill or tail lights. I like cars with more subtle changes. But what makes our hobby great is that everyone has different visions.Just because i dont especially go ga ga over your car doesnt mean I dont respect your craftmanship or cleanliness and attention to detail. Keep up the good work as it is as said,beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

thanks for the honesty, its apreciated, ill admit now that the car is done there is things i would like to change.. but thats for a later date and in the future when it needs work again

Aloha!
My opinion...I appreciate the time and effort put in to the car by you and your father...that by far is more important then any STRANGER's opinion.

NOW as a stranger:profilel:...I Like the grill, the neon light and the color. I don't like the tail lights...not because they are not original...I just don't care for the style. The snorkel graphic is awesome! You guys did a wonderful job...now being able to keep it forever...that will be the toughest part of the whole car...to many things get in the way...like life! aka, military, travel, school, wife, kids and the worst of them all the J O B!!!:snakeman:

I wish you luck...keep turnin' the wrench...you've got a talent.

Mahalo:cheers:, Mike

I love Dusters anyway so this is biased but honest. Really like the front. The rear to me is just too much area without something to break it up. Maybe another really cool Taz pic. And yes I'm a Taz fan as well. Cool car. The big thing above all is spending time with your Dad. That is time that money, cars or anything else can't replace or be worth near as much.

360 scamp, you sure have a way with words, and the mouth to show your intelligence level, its a custom for sure and I like it ,

You know, Its hard not to take other peoples ignorant comments to heart. But you just have to try and not let it bother you.

Think of it like this...
You put one bad apple in a bin of good apples, and do all the good ones team up and make the bad one good again??? No, they all tern roten.

You have one person give you a hard time, Yet you have all these other great people suporting you...Throw the bad apple out of your Bin, and let him rot By himself.

Just don't interact with him

I say good job on the car, It would turn my head

Phil

thats a cool car,i like what im seeing so far,id like to see more of what youve done to it,like the dash/interior,lets see a side view of it,i always thought of doing away with the rear bumper,abd making a roll pan like yours.lets see more

I think the rear end would look real cool tubbed, with tires twice the width .. I'm not crazy about the front grill, looks a little like a jeep pick up or something..

That being said (you asked for honesty) I think it's totally AWESOME that this was a project you did with your Dad, and THAT alone is priceless !!! What matters is what you think my friend... You put your heart and soul into the build, and you should be proud of yourself, and also to have a Father who took the interest to work with you...

Kudos !!! :thumblef:

Kenny

Really like what you have done with your car, don't let one or two comments discourage you. I like the rear I'm thinking of something similar for my Dart, I think the pic of the rear makes it look like somethings missing, in reality it would look different. The grille needs something, not sure what but overall the car is great. I'll bet people don't say, what year is your Nova. Keep up the good work, that's what makes this hobby what it is.
Bruce

the bond you build with your father building this car means more than the outcome. i lost my father about a month ago and i am glad that through the car hobby we spent a ton of time togther over the past few months working on our cars and traveling to get parts.

great work on the car, make it yours, enjoy it with you dad and appriciate the time you spend togther

i am also from saskatchewan maybe i will run into ya at a car show or cruise night.

Most people that pick cars apart or critisize other peoples efforts drive a 88 ford or chevy 4 door and no taste to start with. You built it for you, ENJOY it !!!!!

hey thanks alot guys this really helped to lighten my mood! i hope to see some of you in the future, and if u ever see me feel free to stop me and chat, i hope to see some of you at cruise night or something this year! and il try to get some more pics...

I would say this, while alot of what you did to your car is too "out there" for me, it does'nt matter cos it's your car, but I still think it's cool looking :)

I would also say it's fairly easy to rebuild a car back to stock, you have *many* examples to go by, your just copying what the factory did. What you did takes imagination and creativity, which is something you obviously have plenty of, to hell with what other people say, you did some cool work there.

Yeah the front end and *** end on your car are custom and look a little different than we're all use to seeing, and maybe not to everyones liking, but you dare to be different so you should be proud of this custom. It's not like you "donked" it out with huge truck like wheels or anything radical like that. Kinda reminds me of the custom work guys do on '50s customs. Like others here said if you drove by it would turn my head in a hurry......the fact you and your dad worked together makes it all the better, not too many of us have had the good fortune of sharing a fun hobby like this with our Pops! The fact that you've got that big block stuffed under that black hood makes it all the better. Good on ya for doing this Duster up.....drive it and enjoy it this summer:cheers:

sthorvictor75dus, I think you Duster rocks and you should be very proud of you and your Dad's accomplishment. I agree with 360scamp,f-bomb and all, anyone can restore a muscle car but it takes real talent to customize one!

Great customizing work. I wish I had your talent! That being said, I think I would have preferred the grill to have horizontal openings that were much wider, but that is just personal taste. I agree with what one other person said about the rear needing to be broken up a little.
I think you have the right to tell anybody that says your car is junk to go piss up a tired rope. You have a talent that most of us can only dream about.

Jack

Ok, my honest opinion is this. Personally, I would not have gone this route with that car. I like muscle cars to have very subtle modifications like shaving the marker lights, hood treatments (scoops, etc) and things like that. I just dont think that the front flows with the rest of the lines of the car, and the rear is just too big and flat looking. IMO it needs the rear bumper to break things up. Just my opinion though. I also am not a fan of looney tunes characters or neon lights, but again, just my opinion. I do however like the looks of the custom dash and would love to see some close ups of it. You obviously have a ton of fabrication and body work talent because the work that you did looks like it was done very well, the design overall is just not my cup o tea. The car is far from a "piece of junk" though, tell whoever said that to go get effed.

-
Back