My Engine is almost ready

-

9secSmallBlock

Looks like I should have the Engine back for Dart within the next week or so. We are only waiting on the Cometic head gaskets now, then finish upper assembly and make push rods. The results or the additional head porting has paid off. My LA edelbrocks now push 278 CFM on his flow bench which should be conservative numbers, probably closer to 286 from many others benchs. Nicks flow bench has never netted equal numbers to others in direct comparison. With this info we were able to order the roller cam. The cam specs are .673 lift and 270 duration. There was much work done to the M1 Intake as it was installed out of the box b4, so it at least port matches now. We have also given this block a short fill to hopefully add some strength. Although it will not actually hit the Dyno what do you guys think a 640 hp small block will do in a 2340lbs ride?

That's a sick looking 68 man!! My next project is going to be a W9 68 Dart that will be 9 sec worthy on the motor, I want 800HP. That sucker is going to move out with that kind of power weighing only 2350. Have you seen the new Super Victor? I just had one match ported to fit on my fully ported Eddy's to replace my worked M1, havnt had it to the track yet but will in 2 weeks. I'm only pushing around 585 hp, but the old Barracuda with me in it weighs 3150, so you'd make me look stupid, but it's all good considering I usually drive mine to the track and run full exhaust. It's just great to see nice moparz (FAST) representing out at the track. With that power and that weight you certainly have the potential to do 9.40's @ 140ish, not sure how you're set up though. Keep us posted, I'd like to see what you pull off.

Good luck!

9secSmallBlock said:
Looks like I should have the Engine back for Dart within the next week or so. We are only waiting on the Cometic head gaskets now, then finish upper assembly and make push rods. The results or the additional head porting has paid off. My LA edelbrocks now push 278 CFM on his flow bench which should be conservative numbers, probably closer to 286 from many others benchs. Nicks flow bench has never netted equal numbers to others in direct comparison. With this info we were able to order the roller cam. The cam specs are .673 lift and 270 duration. There was much work done to the M1 Intake as it was installed out of the box b4, so it at least port matches now. We have also given this block a short fill to hopefully add some strength. Although it will not actually hit the Dyno what do you guys think a 640 hp small block will do in a 2340lbs ride?

It will most likely stand up and talk :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounds like a fun car to say the least.

I think you will probably be spending a lot of money on tires for sure. What do you mean by "We have also given this block a short fill"?

Filled bottom end partial or fully with hard block. AKA cement.

Light car big motor = fast. Look at my littel car with a 440 in it. runs low 9's

101-0105_IMG.JPG

DTK!!! Nice.
How did the valiant do next to you.

memike said:
DTK!!! Nice.
How did the valiant do next to you.

He was running mid 12's . So I beat him by almost half track. :tongue9: That was taken during time trials.

Thanks DTK, :salute:
You have a good looking 9 sec Mopar! :thumbup:
Hope you are enjoying this site :toothy7:

-
Back