my engine stand funny story

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
i had some real low buck stands before. but one day in 95 we had a monster old gas stove we downed size so when i took it to the scrap yard as i was getting payed there were old engine stands sitting off to the side of the office the boss said they were for sale 15.00 each take the one you want so i got one that was only missing one adaper. after i got it home and was looking for a part # to order the missing part there was a sticker on the side that said property of portage lakes JVS. here the funny part i was the frist class to go to the JVS joint voc. school. grand. in 1979. they must have lost parts to them and scraped them out. seemed funny. als

P1011144.jpg

P1011148.jpg

P1011147.jpg

Wow, Milwaukee, WI too yet.

That must have been when Milwaukee was more of an industrial city. You know, before everything went to Mexico.

I wonder if they still make them, if they do, i bet it's made in Mexico! :p

That's a neat old stand and it's made in the USA. That chain stop looks a little scary though.

i still think it's the best stand made. it holds an assembled hemi with ease. most of the stands now bend with a bare small block on them.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's a damn good stand.

Blackhawk used to be good stuff. I sold their stands, floor jacks and porta-powers for years. Made somewhere else now.

Blackhawk used to be good stuff. I sold their stands, floor jacks and porta-powers for years. Made somewhere else now.

Some of the best. They also made above and in ground heavy duty vehicle lifts. Our high school auto shop was outfitted with Blackhawk shop equipment. From the 40s and 50s.

-
Back