My first A-body

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
I've been here for almost two weeks and it looks like this place is going to be a major asset in my next built. I'm just finishing up my first restoration of a 73 Challenger Rallye. My dad bought the car new.

2013 has been a very rough year and I needed another project to keep me busy. It's a 68 Dart GT convertible. It's blue with a white top and white interior. 318/904, three speed wipers, bucket seats with console, front drum brakes(no sway bar) and 7 1/4 rear. It spent most of its life in Nevada so the body is way better then my Challenger was. I'm still deciding what direction I want to take with this one. What I do know is that it will get a 360, front discs, a sway bar and an 8 3/4 rear. The color combo will stay the same too. Whether I go stock appearing like I did with the Challenger, or go the Pro Touring route is still undecided.

I'm new here to but let me the first to welcome you to the site . That's a nice solid rag top you have there . Good luck with your build .

Welcome to FABO, the Challenger looks awesome, you do great work.
Good luck with the Dart, it looks like it's in good hands.

Welcome to the best MoPar site on the interweb!! That Challenger is beautiful, I love that it is restored original right down to the bias ply white wall tires, nice job :cheers: I hope your dad is able to see the work you have done :glasses7:

That Dart looks like a great project car and I have no doubt it will look as nice as your dads car when its done!

Dad never thought I'd get the Challenger back together. It sat in pieces since 98. He thinks it turned out great but doesn't know why I spent so much money on it. I went back and forth on the tires. The WSW are correct for the car but RWL look so good. I'm glad I went with the WSW...they look perfect.

The Dart will be a fun project. At first I thought about keeping it rough and just upgrading the suspension and engine. I don't think I can do that though. It needs to be done right. I've got a lot of saving to do to afford another paint job though. Once I start the disassembly, I'll start a thread on it.

Congrats on both cars! The Chally turned out great and the Dart looks very solid. I'm new here as well.

-
Back