My first C-Body.......Good Times!!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Wow, this car brings back memories for my, I bought it in fall of 95 for a winter beater, pics were taken in March of 96...the car is a 1966 Chrysler New Yorker, it had a 383 Magnum from a 69 Road Runner, 3:23 sure grip and a 727 that would get 2nd gear scratch. My friends and I had so much fun with this car it should have been illegal, oh wait, much of it was LOL!! Here are some pics I scanned, the car would lay down some rubbber....also some with my friends, I am the dork on the hood LMAO

The car was later spray bombed flat black, then I parked it and pulled the drivetrain, the car was later sold to a guy who turned it into a wicked ice racer with a built 440, never seen it after that..........I miss that car........

Attachments

• scan0029.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 261
  • scan0035.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 251
  • scan0034.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 257
  • scan0033.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 260
  • scan0032.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 258
  • scan0031.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 254
  • scan0030.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 260
awe killer car!!!! reminds me of my old 70 300. that car was so big it had two ashtrays in the front so each passenger could reach one. i believe it was the second longest car put in production. but oooooo man did that 440 ever make it move. crazy fast for a land yacht. tires were so big you had to use two jacks one for body one for the tire lol. bigger than my trucks tires dang i miss it tree fell on it one year smashed it good. saved the 440 and put it in my brothers 71 charger. that motor only had 65k original when we swapped it in his. looked just like this.

" At a total length of over 18 and a 1/2 feet, it was also one of the largest 2 door coupes ever produced." mopar muscle mag

Attachments

• 0606_300_23z+1970_Chrysler_300+Front_Driver_Side_View.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 233
awesome burnouts keith ! :burnout: love it !

ive had a 68 300 ,70 300 , a 71 300 , a 69 imperial lebaron , a 74 chrysler and a 73 imperial , all 2 doors and all had 440's

wish i had pics

awesome burnouts keith ! :burnout: love it !

ive had a 68 300 ,70 300 , a 71 300 , a 69 imperial lebaron , a 74 chrysler and a 73 imperial , all 2 doors and all had 440's

wish i had pics

You keep that up Lance and you will have a visit

awe killer car!!!! reminds me of my old 70 300. that car was so big it had two ashtrays in the front so each passenger could reach one. i believe it was the second longest car put in production. but oooooo man did that 440 ever make it move. crazy fast for a land yacht. tires were so big you had to use two jacks one for body one for the tire lol. bigger than my trucks tires dang i miss it tree fell on it one year smashed it good. saved the 440 and put it in my brothers 71 charger. that motor only had 65k original when we swapped it in his. looked just like this.

" At a total length of over 18 and a 1/2 feet, it was also one of the largest 2 door coupes ever produced." mopar muscle mag

Wow that 300 was a beauty

i had a thing for C bodies for a number of years. i would rotate them out. i found a dude that loved them too and we ended up trading back and forth for chargers and coronets lol

Wait til I come for a visit.

:DSome great M&M's there Keith, (Making Memories) I see your friend is putting water down for a burn out :D

Have had a 67 Palara, well mom did, I had a 67 or 68 Monaco back when I was 16 383
car that would scaaaaream!! drove it to the west coast and to Michigan then down to Florida for Strawberry season. Dark blue with Dark blue int. Miss that one for sure.

well keith, cliff and all my other moparites me and the lady have been thinking and we want to travel. ive never been out of the north west so after we both graduate the duster should be done and we are thinking about a USA tour with her. When the time comes we will try to visit as many FABO members as possible!

well keith, cliff and all my other moparites me and the lady have been thinking and we want to travel. ive never been out of the north west so after we both graduate the duster should be done and we are thinking about a USA tour with her. When the time comes we will try to visit as many FABO members as possible!

That will be cool. Let us know when.

might cost a little but i could always buy a extra set of tires and burn them tell i can give everyone a nice rubber ball as a memory rofl i use to have one from most of the mopars i owned lost them in a move though lol

might cost a little but i could always buy a extra set of tires and burn them tell i can give everyone a nice rubber ball as a memory rofl i use to have one from most of the mopars i owned lost them in a move though lol

LOL it would be cheaper to buy a rubber ball

OK, story time :glasses7:

I found a for sale ad in the news paper and it was 30 miles away, so me and some friends went to look at it, ended up buying it for $375, drove it home 30 miles with no insurance, car had bias ply tires that were shot and hardly any exhaust! The car ran rough, it had a 69 AVS intake, but the guy bolted an old AFB carb on it and was held on by 2 carb bolts. I worked at a Dodge dealer at the time so I brought the car there, no way was dad gonna see this parked in the driveway yet!! I put some different rims on it with used tires, swapped a different carb on it and got the motor tuned up.

One day 2 of my friends and I went to the dealer to take it on a joyride. We went out of town a little ways and found a gravel pit someone leased to a local construction place. Well, I drove right past the No Tresspassing signs and went flying in there, raising all hell with big big block power!! Well, the property owner seen us and jumped in his car and flew in there, we seen him and went around a big dirt pile, then hauled *** outta there to the road, pedal to the floor. Well, the dude had a nice big mid 70's Lincoln so I figured he wouldn't chase us but I was dead wrong, he followed us and we both were soon going over a 100 MPH!! He wasn't letting up and we were getting close to town so I figured I better just pull over.....when I did he flew in front of me and parked so I couldn't leave. The 383 had really leaky valve cover gaskets so after the smoke had cleared from the oil burning, I seen him standing outside my window....****, I was screwd.

I rolled down my window and he chewed me a new one, cussing and swearing saying how he is gonna turn me in and get me arrested for tresspassing and driving crazy. I was scared cause I had no insurance on the car, no plates and the title was not in my name yet. After about 10 mins of being yelled at, he asked me "what is your dads name?!?" I told him dads name and he got real quiet and paused for a minute then said....."Pete, I know Pete, I used to hang out in school with him....IF I EVER SEE YOU IN MY PIT AGAIN I AM CALLING THE COPS, NOW GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!!" It was funny cause he was ready to blow a gasket, then realized he must have done the same **** (maybe with my dad LOL) as a kid and gave me a break.

We both left and less than a minute later here comes a MN State Trooper.....got so damn lucky!!!! We laughed so hard but I learned a lesson that day.....I was 19 yrs old at the time of this.....

Here is a good video and song to goalong with the story LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_Nw20GG0E&feature=autoplay&list=FLTDkcvqdELYl4CEeyhm2ORw&playnext=1"]Mississippi Queen Video - YouTube[/ame]

lmfao such a great story!!!! and cliff yes cheaper but no were near as cool lol i can get a crappy set of used tires to burn for like 25 bucks. idk how many balls that will make though lol.

Fun, fun, fun, Keith.

I had a '66 Newport 2 door at one time, too. Factory 383 4bbl car, transplanted 440 4bbl from something out of a '72. Factory torquoise, spray bombed black somewhere in it's life. Traded it to a buddy of mine for a '90 Daytona V6/5 speed Sold the Daytona to my sister's ex.

My only regret is that I put my AVS, original and date coded from my Sport Satellite on the 440 for my buddy to use while he rebuilt the Holley for the car. Bastard sold the Newport with my carb still on it.

lmfao such a great story!!!! and cliff yes cheaper but no were near as cool lol i can get a crappy set of used tires to burn for like 25 bucks. idk how many balls that will make though lol.

I have to agree a lot cooler to burn them off

too many memories brought up for me here ....i was also a C-body fan ....i was really into Cs for a time...my favorite ever was a 70 sport fury i had. it was a year ago that i trade/sold it.

i still miss it sometimes but the main reason i let it go is bcoz i am 4" 10" so with my size, a C-body is a lot to handle. i could have kept it and pressed on but around a year ago when i trade/sold it, it was bcoz a 69 dart came available, so the fury was let go in favor of the dart

all in all, even though i miss the fury, the dart is more practical for me.

those C-bodies sure can be sexy ....nothing like a king sized 2 door car to make you feel on top of the world. however, parts availability and general restoration cost make them not for everyone.

Attachments

• CIMG1833.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 182
  • CIMG9739.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 188
I love driving my C body. This thing floats down the road at 70 mph.

Attachments

• DSCI0024.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCI0031.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 189
Ah... the land yachts.... Mom had a 66 Newport, Then 72 Polara.... I learned to drive in Dad's 66 Fury... Original owner gave me my 69 Furry III ragtop (yes Cliff, the one i put the 6-pack on)
June_2004_Lt_Fr.jpg
june2004profile.jpg.w300h225.jpg

june2004rear.jpg.w300h225.jpg

-
Back