my first duster.

-

sickandwrongcustoms

Reaction score
Here is the story. A friend showed this car to me about 3 weeks ago.it had been priced to him for 3500.00. about a year ago.no one was home so I called number on sign.no answer, two days later phone rings this Guy had just got out of the hospital. The man had been in for 4 weeks with a broke leg.we talked about the car a little.then the next day showed up about noon.
It's. a 73 /6 auto car.but has 400 and 727 out of 78 car.
its all stock.
But it have a fairly new looking? 750 Holly on it.
It has brand new fake centerline wheel with new tires
It has new exhaust from manifolds all the way back.
it has a brand new gas tank
He said he had been asking 3500 but he would take 1500.00.
SOLD SOLD
I got the engine running today.but I am getting gas from tank.I think the suck is on the vent. And the vent is on the suck.
Will drop the tank and see if that is the problem.
Brakes seem to work good getting it on and off truck.
1/4 need some rust repair
The floors under your feet need some too.
The heater has been removed. But I have it.
Bumpers are good.as is the grill
the car has some parking lot dents and digs.
Missing the wiper arms.
Inside is fairly nice but the front sits needs recovered. Backs one are good.
door panels are off but they may be useable.
All the glass is good.
Only one park light is working .
No headlights.
I have a new 484 lift can.
A new RPM performer.
Thanks for reading. Any help of info would be helpful.

Sounds like a great project.
Like everyone, i would love to see some pics!

Gotta sing the same song, where are the pics? Sounds like a good deal. Do ya have any pics?:coffee2:

I need help.my car will runs good.until I put it in gear.give gas and it stubbles and dies.everyone I know are Chevy people. So getting help is impossible. I think the timing is off a tooth or so .the man I got from said today that the car was points style and he put electronic in it.I think it
Please if someone will help that would be great.and I will say sorry now.I don't know a lot about making this old car run right.

Don't tell anyone but I'm one of those Chevy guys. It would seem to me to start by bringing it up on number 1, pop the cap and see where your at. go
from there. If ya need more help, pm me your number, I'll call ya.:coffee2:

Check all of your vacuum lines also.

I know from experience that bad spark plug wires can make an engine run really bad under load. I would replace the plug wires if you have any doubt concerning their integrity.

Vent: take off the gas cap, stuff a rag in it; bet that's not the problem. Start by finding intitial timing, and Total. Start by bringing up initial to 16, drive it (don't run it up past 4000, or less, if you hear ping). If that helped, time to get in the dissy, first.

Then time to fix carb. Probably a combination of both.

when you go to post hit the GO ADVANCED box. scroll down to where it says browse hit enter this will take you to your pictures, if you have any save on your computer. double click on your desired picture. then click upload. scroll to the bottom and close the window. now hit submit reply. looks like you didn't have a problem exhibiting your avatar, so you should be able to do this

Attachments

• memento.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 664
Yeah, if pics on computer (I keep them in folders on the desk top, as I can't remember poop anymore). Reply, say a few words, like here they are,in title, then scroll down to manage attachments. then hit browse, upload, one at a time.

If they are bigger than, say, 480x600, have to re-size them first. Free on-line Eaststone image viewer doesn't take too long to figure out.

Good talking to you yesterday. Hope you got her running. Talk at ya soon.:coffee2:

I figured you would have done that already. You've either been working or you took those chillen's out fishing. you could have sent them out here to shovel the 7" of snow off my driveway. Let me know if that takes care of the problem.:coffee2:

replace dist cap / rotor (cheap)
also possible that pcv / vacuum advance / one of the hoses going to the carb are not in the right spot or there is an open vacuum port on the carb that needs to be capped

p.s. you got one heck of a deal! gratz

Moparlover is on the right track. While you're checking into the cap and rotor, check out the ignition module and all connections, weights, springs, check all vacuum lines again. Check plug wires and the gap on the plugs. I have had those cheap plug wires come apart right at the plug end, If one of your buddies has an extra set , try swapping those out,then buy a good set.:coffee2:

Ya get that car running yet? It is the weekend isn't it? I think i'm confused but I'm not sure, I think.:coffee2:

-
Back