My first electric guitar

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I was thinking about my first electric guitar and decided to do some research. I was surprised when I found one that looked just like it. I got the guitar for Christmas 1968 and thought I was a rock star. I sold it in 1973, but I wish I still had it. Now it is your turn to tell us about your first guitar and post pictures if possible.

Attachments

• crestwood.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 163
  • crestwood-1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 172
  • crestwood-3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 178
Well my first Electric Guitar I bought in Germany when I was in the Army UH60 black hawk crew chief. It was an Ibenez Flying V sun burst Blue sorry no picture. But here is my current guitar. 2004 Fender Stratocaster Deluxe 50th anniversary Edition.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 160
My first electric guitar was a 1966 Baldwin Nu-Sonic. I still have it, at least I should say it's still in the family. My son is a guitarist in a couple of different bands and took an interest in it. He also works at Guitar Center and is having one of his guitar techs look at it and see if we can save it. If not, it'll become wall art for my man cave. Here's what a nice one looks like.

5752_01.jpg

My first guitar was a silver burst maco traditions. It was three single coil pickups, now one humbucker and a natural finish.

Then my Kramer got it in 89 played the snot out of it. Needs new frets but will just leave it as is. Played it steady until 95 then I got my epiphone les Paul custom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 132
My first was a gift from my Aunt. It was a 50s model Sears Silvertone flat top acoustic with matching case. The demon that my ex was, she put her foot through the case and guitar one night in one of her many fits of rage.

My first was a pawn shop strat look alike that I took back because the neck was twisted. ;)

Rusty I can feel for you. My first guitar was one I bought in Korea in 68. My first wife bitched so much at me about it I went into a rage and smashed it to pieces. Talk about stupid all around.

I bought an 6 string Epiphone in 78 and still have it, my cousin had an 12 string Epiphone Hummingbird which was stolen by my 2nd wife's boyfriends brother.

And just the start of summer I purchased my second new guitar, a 6 string Seagull and I love it.

BTW I do it left handed!

Happy guitar and Thanksgiving day to all.
John

I like guitars .....I don't know why, I don't know how to play...... would love to play but it seems to be something you just have in you .....guess I don't have it. We have bought both our boys a guitar through the years ..... an Ibanez and a Key ( I believe thats that name ) but I myself have never owned one, but I love looking at them and appreciate the quality in some of the different ones. I would love to just sit around and jam a little with some friends .....that would be cool.

If I can find a pic, one of my first guitars was a 1972 Les Paul "fretless wonder" with the really small fret wire. Didnt know what I had and sold it to a buddy for $400!! To this day he still rubs it in my face, and still has the guitar and won't sell it back! One of my current guitars is a 1960 Les Paul, now on loan to my niece who is an aspiring young talent! I thought she should have a real guitar to play on instead of that strat she was picking!!

I still have my first acoustic guitar, acquired for a $35 phone bill in the early 80's from a girl who was dating a dude from "America"! He bought it for her to teach her how to play, but I think he was just playing her as she didnt learn a thing.....about music anyway!! My son is currently playing that one on the way up the ladder to Dad's Martin!!

-
Back