My First Mopar- 1966 Barracuda project

-
Picked up seam sealer along with a lifetime supply of acid brushes (paint store only sells bulk). Worked on the car 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, no lunch and just a break to drink some iced tea. Patched driver rear floor, filled in relief seams on trunk patch, seam sealed the floor patches and trunk. Waited an hour, primered over the seam seal, scuffed up the floor, swept and shop vac’d the area, wiped down the floor, masked off bolt holes, pedals and dimmer switch, went to town with the Raptor Liner.

View attachment 1715791485

View attachment 1715791486 View attachment 1715791487 View attachment 1715791488 View attachment 1715791489 View attachment 1715791490 View attachment 1715791491 View attachment 1715791492 View attachment 1715791493 View attachment 1715791494
That Raptor Liner looks great. How did you apply it?

That Raptor Liner looks great. How did you apply it?
Thanks! I have a Schutz gun that came with the Raptor liner years ago when I sprayed my S10 bed. It screws on to the bottle. It was much easier to spray top side and vertical than upside down, but managed to get the Barracuda underside covered. Ruined some clothes from the overspray falling but I’m happy with how it turned out. Been on a bit of a hiatus after the Hurricanes here but the weather has been great and I should be getting back to it soon.

Thanks! I have a Schutz gun that came with the Raptor liner years ago when I sprayed my S10 bed. It screws on to the bottle. It was much easier to spray top side and vertical than upside down, but managed to get the Barracuda underside covered. Ruined some clothes from the overspray falling but I’m happy with how it turned out. Been on a bit of a hiatus after the Hurricanes here but the weather has been great and I should be getting back to it soon.
Do you recall how much material it took to spray the entire interior floor pan by chance? I'm considering using Raptor liner on rearward portion of my interior (rear firewall, package tray, floor pan, etc). I may just buy the 1 gallon kit so I have extra for other stuff as well. It looks like great stuff!

Do you recall how much material it took to spray the entire interior floor pan by chance? I'm considering using Raptor liner on rearward portion of my interior (rear firewall, package tray, floor pan, etc). I may just buy the 1 gallon kit so I have extra for other stuff as well. It looks like great stuff!
1 gallon worked for me. I sprayed the underside, floor pans, inside firewall, cargo floor, and the rear tire well. I have to finish out the trunk area now that I fixed the trunk gutters/rear quarters and two bullet holes in the rear panel. I have one quart left to complete the job.

It’s held up really well for 3 years now on the underside of my ‘68 Firebird. Cures pretty hard. I masked off enough area to make sure I could spray enough areas to use the whole quart after mixing. I’m very pleased with it.

I’ve just gone back through all the pages in this thread and noticed a wheel spacer on the front hub , looks like 1” . Did you have to run them on all locations ?

I running Mopar rallies 15x7 all around until I change the rear axle to my 8 1/4” then I’ll run a 15x8 on the rear with 235 60R15 all around . I hope the 8” rims fit .

I’ve just gone back through all the pages in this thread and noticed a wheel spacer on the front hub , looks like 1” . Did you have to run them on all locations ?

I running Mopar rallies 15x7 all around until I change the rear axle to my 8 1/4” then I’ll run a 15x8 on the rear with 235 60R15 all around . I hope the 8” rims fit .
Just on the front, it’s a 1” to give the backspacing I needed to make the “Bullitt” rims work with the Dart disc brake setup. Since I’m using a Ford 8.8 rear end that isn’t narrowed I used a 1/4” spacer on the rear to get some sidewall clearance from the leaf springs.

Thanks, That’s what I thought about the front .
The rear I was wondering why you didn’t narrow it .
Now that’s a good piece of information, no need to narrow a Ford 8.8 if you run a Mustang “Bullet” 17 x7” wheel or something else with the same offset and width.

Have you driven it yet with the Borginson P/S ? If so how is it compared to the stock P/S ?

Welcome, Barracuda looks like a good project....have any more pictures? Also nice brand X stuff, looks sharp! I love the 66, my dad has a Barracuda and we have a pair of Valiants....your biggest hurdle will be what to run for exhaust, not many choices for aftermarket headers and and only stock 273 exhaust manifolds will work without mods. Lots of smart cookies here so feel free to ask any questions you may have along the way!

View attachment 1715455779

View attachment 1715455781

View attachment 1715455782
Whats your Rim diameter and back spacing on that rim ? also what size tire are you running ?

-
Back