My first tranny

-
Cool. I didnt know it was that easy. Just got rid of two that needed rebuilt. could have practiced a little.

The only trans I ever rebuilt was a ford AOD. It even worked! I plan on doing my 904 soon, but have nervous about doing it.

If anyone wants a dvd of the 727 rebuild send me a PM. I have one for $10

I found an 18 part video series on the 727 on youtube and a partial series on the 904 , they are basically the same except the sprag but the parts don't interchange, to answer some questions - there was nothing wrong with this trans when the local self proclaimed "King of Mopar" { more like emperer who has been found to have no clothes } pulled it and put in one of his heavy duty race ready 727's in preparation for the super duper 408 he was trying to sell me . That trans started slipping and using fluid { 1 litre a day } on my little trip and is the reason the car is coming home on the train . With that out of the way the reason I tore into the 904 was too replace the stock frictions , front drum assembly , pump etc...with parts from TCS Transmissions , they make billet steel and alum drums {I went with steel for the street }with a billet alum piston and a trick 24 spring return module which I purchased along with their full race rebuild kit ,this trans will be going behind the 519hp/524tq stroker and I wanted to be sure the trans was up to the task , they use this setup in their 1400hp car so I should be good to go .
P.S. I did say Easy guys in reference to the title, up here they get their adam's apples shaved when they get their boobs installed
and even if you have the books there is a neat little trick for sizing the pistons outer seal on the 727 videos that makes them worth the download time
How are you knowing this???LOL
P.S. I did say Easy guys in reference to the title, up here they get their adam's apples shaved when they get their boobs installed
and even if you have the books there is a neat little trick for sizing the pistons outer seal on the 727 videos that makes them worth the download time

-
Back