My First WIW??

-

Hotwheelsjr

Reaction score
I'm really torn on whether I should pick this up...need your help in letting me know what I may miss out on. I already have my Demon and it is in a semi-project stage right now, so I don't know if I can take on a second.

72 340 Duster, all original, numbers matching motor and trans (both need a serious rebuild), GY9 (Tawny Gold) w/ white vinyl top (weather has shot this), white side stripes/340 rear call-out, white bucket interior, non-ralleye dash, console, exhaust intact from front to tips, 8 3/4 sure grip, A/C, PDB (original 4-piston), PS, 14" ralleyes. Has damage to center rear (backed into a pole), but has replacement center, bumper and trunk lid. Damaged pass fender, but has replacement. Shark tooth grille. Dual chrome sport mirrors. Flat hood. AZ car...frame and under carriage rust free. Trunk rust free. Only rust is surface rust on driver side lower quarter behind tire and the roof where the vinyl top used to be. Original paint is shot. NO RUST EXCEPT SURFACE RUST!!

:D :shock: Sounds like a nice car when it's done, depends on how much and would you want to keep the Demon. Maybe sell the Demon? Numbers matching 340 cars are hard to find. Sounds like all the replacement parts come with it. Thats the hard part. 8)
Believe me Arizona cars are worth it. Thats where my car came from and being I'm from the rust belt it amazes me every day when I look at that car. :lol:

Not worth a whole lot. Maybe $35. Ship it to me in NY, please...

:cheers:

OlDuster said:
Buy it and list it on ebay. It should make you a healthy profit! :lol:

Believe me, I've thought about that, but a friend of mine is the owner and he will not sell it if the new owner just plans on turning it for a profit. I wouldn't do it to him....even splitting the profit. He wants to see someone restore it, but has too many projects in his garage right now to do it himself. I've already stated my situation and my HOA doesn't allow disabled vehicles to be parked in front of the house for any more than a day or so. My garage is already full. Its taking all the self control I have to keep from buying it...we'll see.

Man. if there is anyway you can swingit, I'd gobble it up. Galen Govier toldme this weekend at the HPAC Meet that A Body's were appreciateing fast.

I am not that far away and I will sure take her if the deal is right. I dont believe in Ebay so let me know and I will head that way.

-
Back