my girl thinks hunting is unethical

-
well one thing you need to explain to her is that hunting is very ethical in the fact you hunt for food, not sport...

i dont think hunting for sport is good at all... fun maybe....

also explain poaching and it shows what true "hunting" is really about...

I like the No additives!! and doing the over population hunt's :thumrigh:
I feel the need to drop a 200 pond bore hog and have a pig roast :hello1:

There is something really cool about eating wild meat. It's so pure and lean,nothing can come close.And at least the animal had a free life before it gave it's life for you. I'll take that over something kept in a cage it's whole life and fed steriods/antibiotics etc etc etc etc.

I do know a fellow hunter who suffers from an inherited enlarged heart. He was expected to die 3-4 yrs ago,but thanks in part to an all natural diet of wild meat and fresh garden veggies combined with excersize he is still going strong and can run many younger men into the ground.

Explain to her the few ways that most wild animals will die. Starvation, disease, eaten alive by predator, hit by car, or killed (usually in less than one minute) by a hunter. Then ask her which is the most humane way to die with the least amount of suffering.

Unless your girlfriend is a raging vegan, take her to her favorite burger joint then while she's eating her burger ask her where the meat in her meal came from and which animal died more humanely. The hunted wild animal quickly from a bullet or the one in her burger at the slaughterhouse.
Sorry to be graphic, but sometimes that's what it takes.

Find another woman, lol, tell her if she doesn't like it you will find a woman that does. They don't understand that 99% of the hunt is sitting in nature listening to it and enjoying it and only 1% is pulling the trigger. I don't care if I kill anything early in the season. I have a wonderful time listening to the purest form of life. No humans and no city. It allows you to find peace within themselves. I feed my family on wild game and fish that I catch. I harvest atleast 5 deer a year and many squirrels and rabbits. I have five kids to feed!

i don't like hunting, rather buy my meat in the store.

got other things i rather do than waiting for hours for something...and then you have to clean it, etc..no thanks...go to a spa together instead, LOL

i don't like hunting, rather buy my meat in the store.

got other things i rather do than waiting for hours for something...and then you have to clean it, etc..no thanks...go to a spa together instead, LOL
There is a place for all of god's creations, right next to my mashed potatoes, and gravy!!! I have been at slaughter houses, and the way I kill them is alot more humane.

Hunting (at least here in Canada) is based upon population control of said animal.

Then there is also the natural food reason.

And finally predator/varmint control.

I find hunting to be perfectly ethical, and good for mind, body and spirit, and know many "libs" that feel the same way. Sadly I also know many self styled conservatives who have never had a meal that didn't come from a box. One does not mean the other.

We are animals ourselves, prone to instinct, and the hunting instinct is in all of us to different degrees. If you enjoy it great, if not, that's fine too. If, in a relationship you feel the need to trash each other based on hobbies or ideology, it may be wise to rethink the relationship.

I work for my Dad at his feed store. We use to have lots of people that would come in to buy feed for there cow, pig, turkey or what ever. Not so much any more. People say they just cant "Kill" them. Sure they can go to the store and buy it. Like some how it just shows up there and was never an animal at one point that was killed. I know it is not the same as hunting but still goes to show the way the world is going.

I got a shot gun and a mini 14. Not that I buy in to that end of the world BS but I can feed my self if I had to.

PS. Quail is goooooood!

Them trucks for some reason don't show up to the store people will starve because they can't take care of them selfs. Sure spelling and grammar are nice but you cant eat that.

but she just went hunting with me a month ago. i hope shes not goin lib on me

let me ask this dose she have leather shoes or leather handbags.. how about leather seats in her car why do pople think it ok to kill to adorn our bodies or to cover what we sit on.. or sit in but then say its wrong to kill to substain our bodies

maybe it me but i am a hunter and maybe from eating wild game i have killed my brain cells

im not a hunter never been b4 but u gotta eat if i aint got moeny toeat .... hell ya somthings going to die

Personally, I'm not a hunter. Haven't been since 1965 (last time I shot a dear). I don't see a need to hunt for food, and I have no desire to hunt for sport. I have gone on numerous hunting trips with my friends and buddies since I stopped hunting. I just don't bring a rifle any longer.
Besides, my neighbor keeps me well supplied with venison, duck, quail, wild boar, and even pheasant, now and then, lol, and all it costs me is some garage time when he wants to work on his truck!

On the other hand, I have nothing against those who do hunt. In fact, they serve a purpose in controlling the wildlife populations. Land and wildlife management and conservation are vital to healthy forests and health wildlife populations. For a few years, right after I retired from IBM, I even managed a 1050 acre wildlife reserve. Very enjoyable experience.

I still put my old 243 and my 7-mag through their paces at shooting ranges, I just don't shot animals any longer. There is no moral to that, either, I simply choose not to, and have absolutely no issue with those who do or don't hunt, unless they try to hinder the opinions of each other.

-
Back