My GY3 71 Dart is coming together.. now with lots of pics!

-
The car looks great. I didn't realize you were a mopar lover, or a member on this board. I met you at Sacramento raceway. You were shooting cars, it was a warm day as usual and I was there with John (Warhorse). I will be following this thread. Keep up the good work.

Aj

Thanks - yup, that's me!! Fortunately, my photography has been paying for a lot of this most recent work on the Dart! I can't wait to see it done, it's been a long road, and I'm fortunate to have a very patient and supportive wife who has never given me any grief about the car!

It won't be a track terror like John's car, but it'll be a fun cruiser - if I can get it to do low 14's/high 13's, I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for the positive words and encouragement!

Nice ride, I'm partial to that color as well! :) Won't be long and you'll be out cruising that baby, all the work will be worth it then :thumblef:

Cal...glad to see the car is coming along! It is a great feeling, after all the headaches, to see the light at the end of the project car tunnel!!! Can't wait to see the amazing pics of the finished product!

Thanks guys... I'm totally stoked to get her on the road and get some great photos of her!! I've already got some ideas in my head for some cool shots...

Yeah, GY3 is a really cool color, and not one that you see as an original color very often.

And I have TWO 71 GY3 Darts!! I recently bought another one off Craigslist to use for some trim pieces and other stuff ... check it out :)

i-pwScVxM-M.jpg

i-ScmnWtf-M.jpg

i-2nn74KN-M.jpg

i-sXzsvMW-M.jpg

Stopped by to take a look yesterday and drop off some new door handles for them .. it's coming together.. .they're giving the stainless trim a little polish before reinstalling... getting the rear package tray built, and windshield/backglass will be going in soon... then it's over to the other side of the shop to do the exhaust and fix my oil leaks.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 491
  • photo 3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 500
  • photo 4.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 466
Nice. I love the yellow. I am going for the same look on my 72 vinyl top and body color wheels....sleeper.

Thanks! I dunno about 'sleeper' ... it's hard to give it that name when it's got a color this bright :) Not to mention, with the headers, cam and exhaust, it actually sounds faster than it really is, LOL

I did about 90% of the bodywork on it, stripped all the jambs, engine bay, trunk, etc - primed and painted them.. got the car mostly in primer, and then handed it off to someone else. So the majority of the bodywork is mine. It's not perfect by any means - I just wanted to get it done and on the road.

Another update - things are coming along .. exhaust is done, interior is almost done .. next up - I'm having them go through the front suspension and replace all the bushings and stuff that needs to be replaced .. here's some updates:

Exhaust install:
10505969804_c5acbbde3f_c.jpg

10483749593_0cb821e188_c.jpg

New exhaust video/sound:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYEeFTGDN2Y"]1971 Dodge Dart - got new exhaust! - YouTube[/ame]

Interior - getting there (rear seat cover from Dante)..

10483581136_b4dbdd7d71_c.jpg

Some exterior shots now that the glass is all in:

10483583224_a477977770_c.jpg

10483752023_8341f6cf1b_c.jpg

Nice Grill, did you restore that yourself or did you already have one? mines in rough shape. (driver side at the top). nice build on your car BTW

Attachments

• 009a.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 456
Nice Grill, did you restore that yourself or did you already have one? mines in rough shape. (driver side at the top). nice build on your car BTW

Thanks - I did it myself ... spent about 8 hours or so on it. Was well worth it - it's one of the things I'm really proud of on the car - it came out looking great.

Thanks .. she's ALMOST done... they're rebuilding the front suspension - all new bushings, tie rod ends, idler arm, etc.. they it should be DONE

Thanks ... I located the strut rod I needed... having it shipped to the shop where the car's getting worked on .. SOON!!!! Hopefully it'll be on the road before winter!!!

-
Back