My home ported 302 heads....what do you see?

-
BTW...with your numbers you need to run low 12's not 14's. I say that because I just used your numbers and did the math.

Stand by for numbers in a few weeks...Big fan of Pontiacs..... much overlooked platform.....

BTW...with your numbers you need to run low 12's not 14's. I say that because I just used your numbers and did the math.

I will be asking for your advice to help me get into the 12's....Wouldn't it be funny having a 4Dr Sedan powered by a 318 with a hood ornament funning 12's.....

2017-06-24 17.23.40.jpg

I'm all for innovation. If you want to innovate, you need tools to test with. That would be a flow bench and a dyno and then the track. If all the numbers don't add up, you need to learn why they don't.

Just rehashing a junk valve job without testing properly isn't innovation. It's mental masturbation.

I've tested many valve jobs. The LAST valve job I'd use is a 30 degree seat. Can't tell you how many Pontiacs I converted to 45* seats. The poncho purists all lose their collective minds. I tell them if they had a mind they wouldn't be screwing with Pontiacs, and I say that after I just did 3 hard days in a Pontiac sweat shop.

I'll be asking for your advice then to help me get into the 12's... Wouldn't it be hilarious to have a 4Dr Car with a hood ornament and a 318 run 12's.....

I'll be asking for your advice then to help me get into the 12's... Wouldn't it be hilarious to have a 4Dr Car with a hood ornament and a 318 run 12's.....

I don't think it would be hilarious at all. It would be pretty damn cool so I hope you do get it done. I say that would bad assed for sure.

My home ported 302 heads....what do you see?

My first thought was --A big waste of time.
Not necessarily. My home ported 302's went 242 @ 500 lift with a 1.90 11/32 valve.

Stand by for numbers in a few weeks...Big fan of Pontiacs..... much overlooked platform.....
The rods are too heavy and the heads are Ehh, not the worst but not great , how about the dowel pins for the main caps....the block,heads,rods are just plain heavy.

The rods are too heavy and the heads are Ehh, not the worst but not great , how about the dowel pins for the main caps....the block,heads,rods are just plain heavy.
Had a ‘69 Grand Prix ... that 400 was awesome...

-
Back