My *** is grass......bought another Dart..

-
So maybe you can post the "particulars" of the deal for us late comers....

Whatever the particulars turn out to be, I'll bet it was a sweet deal. Looks like the kid had a "great idea" (if it's done right....like it seems), you just have to follow through with his prior vision of what the car could (should) be.

I vote sleeper, vitually as is. Get some dog dishes etc.

YaHoo!!

Is she speakin to you yet (again)?

GTS340

I justed purchased a 69 GTS and the build sheet and the fender tag is missing, is there any other way that i could find out if this is a number matching car?

Great find in my book!!!!!!!!.....

Saw one the other day on a guys driveway. Didnt have time to ask about it. I will in the next few days. Looks like maybe he lost interest or money or maybe both.........

So maybe you can post the "particulars" of the deal for us late comers....

Whatever the particulars turn out to be, I'll bet it was a sweet deal. Looks like the kid had a "great idea" (if it's done right....like it seems), you just have to follow through with his prior vision of what the car could (should) be.

I vote sleeper, vitually as is. Get some dog dishes etc.

YaHoo!!

Is she speakin to you yet (again)?

Y'know what I think happened?......I noticed that the 360 obviously has the lower radiator hose on the "wrong" side for a '68 Dart radiator.....AND the problem with the factory floor shifter linkage connecting with the Duster trans (special bracket may be missing)......AND the power steering pump bracketry connecting with the later 360 style water pump etc.....AND I noticed that the throttle cable isn't long enough to connect to the TQ 4-barrel carb. All these problems probably led the kid to say screw it. The dad told me his son got into rotary engines and RX-7's afterwards.

I'm gonna call this the "headknocker" Dart......kinda like just a bang-around loud-*** thrasher.......I'll probably let my sons drive it if they want. I might spend some $$ on it in a few years, but right now, it's......get it running, and THRASH!!!

As for my wife, for some reason she isn't too mad. I don't get it, but I like it. This just what I do.....I like to buy, fix up, have some fun, then maybe sell a few years down the road. I've made a few bucks here and there over the years, so she can't deny that. Unfortunately, I can't imagine myself selling this car.:cheers:

Speaking of dog dishes......there was a nice find in the trunk!

P1002170.jpg

Awesome!

So did you get her up an running!
How she go!?

Oh boy!!....funny you should ask!! I'm filthy and sweating my *** off as we speak.

* Starter wiring wasn't connected.
* NO tranny cooling lines included. (had some so-so extras laying around)
* Dude put a Chrysler electronic distributor in the engine, but there's no electronic box included. (happened to have a MSD 6A also laying around I'll use)
* Had some bellhousing bolts missing. (Had some out back)
* Passenger side header was in the trunk. (jacked up engine and installed)
* Changed oil/filter and put a drill motor on oil pump to "prime" engine up with distributor out.
* Throttle cable too short.....(will fab up a little extension bracket to carb)
* Late model 360 engine has lower water pump inlet on wrong side. (gonna use one of my previously "for sale" radiators and some creative hose installation)
* Factory floor shifter wasn't connected to trans.....and the factory linkages were NOWHERE TO BE FOUND in the car!! (luckily, I got everything I needed from that blue '67 cuda I'm selling and apparently no one's interested in)

So far, everything's been going pretty good......I only spent money on the oil and filter!!!!

Thats good man!
Progress!
Keep us updated!

Man the way it seems,alot of cars are getting hard to sell.
I rekon in aus you could get rid of em in a heartbeat.

looks about like the 68 270 i just picked up. has all the original sheet metal but the hood. and the hood is off a GTS. matching numbers slant 6. 8 1/4 rear. highway gears. easily one of the nicest looking a bodies ever made

Here's some pics from today's work.....I ACTUALLY STARTED IT TODAY!!.....open headers baby!!!:love7:

P1002180.jpg

P1002182.jpg

Since the engine had a Chrysler electronic distributor and NO electronic box to be seen anywhere.......I just happened to have an MSD Blaster ignition box brand new on the shelf (for the past 15 yrs) and so I wired it up to the distributor. Perfect!

Check out how the previous owner wired up the coil........he wired up the giant firewall-to-engine ground cable to the negative side of the coil.:wack:

P1002181.jpg

.. and put a drill motor on oil pump to "prime" engine up with distributor out.

I am a newbie..could you please explaine this procedure..

thanks
Grassy

-
Back