My latest fishing adventure/misadventure

-
My wife and I go to the Port Loring area every July to fish/drink at Northern Lights Resort.

Now.... for the misadventure part of the trip....

While out fishing one morning, I caught a small Bass on a lure called a Hula Popper. I reeled the fish up to the boat and picked it up out of the water. As I was holding the fish, he shook its head and shook the lure out of its mouth and into my thumb. OUCH!!

As you can see by the pics, the hook went in pretty deep, so I knew I couldn't take it out myself. So off to the hospital we go.

They froze my thumb, cut the hook off the lure, then pushed the hook through my skin and pulled it out where the point of the hook popped out of my thumb.
the barbs on those hooks suck they don't pull backwards lol. had more than one hook in my hands lol thanks for the nice pics

Beautiful fish...great times....and Blue!!! Sounds like the perfect vacation to me!!!

I remember a while back we was sitting at the hospital in the waiting room and a dad and his son came in. The son had a lure hooked to his face somewhere, probably from an errant cast! Anyway, they waited patiently and were called in quickly and in they went without a whimper from the lad, until.....

The bloodcurdling scream from behind closed doors was enough to strip the paint from the walls, and everybody in the waiting room knew exactly when the lure came out!! Hope that wasn't you!!! Geof

-
Back