my Low dollar 318 hop-up project

-
the cam package even with my discount was over $700 for the cam and lifters for the 351W in the 68 fairlane.

I think I paid 109.00 for the cam AND lifters in 2016 when we did this project. Now they want a lot more for just the cam alone.

For Sure:

Here is a Melling 340 grind camshaft only, from Jegg's.

Yeah things have doubled in price, and the next thing is if you can even find one in stock available to ship out.

Screenshot_20231029-214104_Firefox.jpg

Glad I did my building some years back when shipping was reasonable, and parts were in stock ready to go at affordable prices.

Today's world is upside down.

☆☆☆☆☆

From your reaction score it looks like you spend plenty of time there with your buddys slapping each other on the back...:D
From your reaction here and everywhere else, It seems you have no buddy's slapping you on the back.

Pretty much here or anywhere else.

Sucks to be you . :rofl:

I’ll add that the low-dollar 318 has never been given its opportunity to shine its full potential. This engine would have benefited greatly from a nice converter and a set of 3.55’s. Running high 14’s @ almost 95 mph with 2.76’s, stock converter, and no headers shows what potential there maybe in such a mild 318.

-
Back