my mirror project

-

RedFish

Reaction score
So they dont look exactly like the one in my avatar, they look better than they did before I painted them. The right hand remote functions perfectly.
You like ?

painted mirrors.jpg

right hand remote.jpg

I like!! Good job getting the remote mirror on redfish :cheers:
I will be looking for a 66 model passenger side mirror soon myself :happy10:

I like!! Good job getting the remote mirror on redfish :cheers:
I will be looking for a 66 model passenger side mirror soon myself :happy10:

Thanks, The concept came many years ago. All the needed pieces gathered a few years ago. The hardest part was cutting all the nessesary holes in my car to install the thing.
If the darn PUI headlinner had fit I would have carried on with what I was doing. The mirror still wouldn't be installed. I am very proud to say it's all American. They cant repop what dont have a sample of . ROFL

This looks great! I could use the same. I love the remote mounted by the steering column. Very smart.

wow very cool I have to go put my new non remote mirror on now

I'm using a US LHS and Australian RHS on my 72 Dart Swinger.
I'll have both as toggle remotes but mounted in the doors.
Like your idea of being able to reach the RHS toggle from the driver's seat though.

I'm using a US LHS and Australian RHS on my 72 Dart Swinger.
I'll have both as toggle remotes but mounted in the doors.
Like your idea of being able to reach the RHS toggle from the driver's seat though.

Unless you fudge the location of that right hand mirror on your door, you wont be able to see anything useful in it. It wont achieve the required angle when its placed the same as the left one.
If your door has the belt molding just below the glasses, you can sit the foot of the mirror tight up against that molding. Then it might block the vent window from opening.

-
Back