My New 1974 RARE Duster Twister 318 Factory 4 Speed

-
I am pretty excited about the car I have been looking for a nice reasonable priced mopar 4 speed car and found one at last. I plan on restoring it but adding some better upgrades brakes/rearend/340 engine

I did buy another 1974 360 duster parts car which does have the original 360 block but the heads were taken off and sat awhile like this in a field now just a parts car missing the rear axle on it.

It does have the power brakes and power steering that will go onto my car I will need to find a better rearend plan on pulling the original motor and everything I take off to save.

As it sits today, this is the only picture i have of it......

Attachments

• PB250085.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 446
Very cool find, and looks pretty solid. Good luck

Very cool find, and looks pretty solid. Good luck

It is rock solid thanks to being an Oklahoma southern car its whole life it does have very minor lower qtr rust on driver side but also thanks t factory undercoating no underside rust

I am pretty excited about the car I have been looking for a nice reasonable priced mopar 4 speed car and found one at last. I plan on restoring it but adding some better upgrades brakes/rearend/340 engine

I did buy another 1974 360 duster parts car which does have the original 360 block but the heads were taken off and sat awhile like this in a field now just a parts car missing the rear axle on it.

It does have the power brakes and power steering that will go onto my car I will need to find a better rearend plan on pulling the original motor and everything I take off to save.

make sure you hang on to the matching numbers 318 engine. it can add on alot of value later on.
very cool car good luck

That's going to be a fantastic car when done.......
Thanks for going gold BTW.

that's a cool car... I've heard about a 318 4 speed but never put my eyeballs on one.

btw, maybe you can do a "k frame off resto".
feel free to use that.

nice find,
mike bee

that's a cool car... I've heard about a 318 4 speed but never put my eyeballs on one.

btw, maybe you can do a "k frame off resto".
feel free to use that.

nice find,
mike bee

K Frame off resto like that for sure Ha Ha.

My wife likes the car as well we will be taking our time on this one doing it right she is all for helping out with the restoration.

What does the numbers matching 360 car look like?

Attachments

• 360-6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 360-9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 368
Chief, I'll bet you will have that car in Ship-shape very soon!

From one old salt to another, best of luck with your 4 spd Mopar!

cudamike13

That's not terrible.

You might want to consider saving that one, too.

That's not terrible.

You might want to consider saving that one, too.

Its pretty bad and the motor in it is not the factory 360 someone put a GM 318 R motor in it so sadly it is just a parts car that I will be stripping down.

We parted out a 74 Duster 318/4 speed/ sunroof car a couple years ago!! They exist as you know!! Geof

I am toying with idea of selling this car with a lot of parts and a complete extra rebuilt
A833 and 1972 340 motor combo ready to go let me know if anyone is interested

My first new car was a '74 Duster with a 318, 4-speed. I knew someone who had a '74 Duster with a 318 3 speed so I asked for that when I ordered my car. I was then told that the 3 speed was no longer available and was replaced by the 4 speed. That was perfect as that's what I really wanted.

-
Back