My new '65 Dart Wagon

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
I already posted this in the WAGONS-Ho! thread but wanted to create a thread for it and add a few new photos.
img_3824.jpg

P1030014.JPG

P1030015.JPG

P1030016.JPG

P1030017.JPG

P1030018.JPG

P1030019.JPG

P1030020.JPG

P1030021.JPG

and these were in the folder with the wagon folder so I thought I would add them here. they're owned by a couple friends. this was the '63's first outing since being completed.
P1030022.JPG

P1030033.JPG

P1030023.JPG

P1030024.JPG

P1030025.JPG

P1030026.JPG

P1030027.JPG

P1030028.JPG

P1030029.JPG

Sweet. Factory v8 with Ac! And a power rear window!

You got a nice wagon there. My favorite color combo too. If you buy a orginal broshure on thr wagons you will get a pickture on how it will look hen its ready. Your car is one oit of 296 with a/c, one out of 1289 w/V8, one out of 690 w/power steering, one out of 592 w/power tailgate, one of 1061 w/radio, one of 1177 w/273/auto. Good luck with the car. If you would like to get more info send me a readable pickture of the fendertag.

in the glove box was the certicard, the loan papers from the original owners bank, and the insurance paper, all dated the same day as the certicard! the most recent registration was to the same person. I'm the second owner.
all this said, does it really matter on a Dart wagon? what I mean is, on a hemi charger they go into how many green ones with a vinyl top and ac, but on a dart is there a difference in value if it's one of ??? I'm really excited about it but am afraid not many others will be as interested in how many were made.

looks nice! The tailgate looks like its in good shape too... usually they are rotten. nice find.

in the glove box was the certicard, the loan papers from the original owners bank, and the insurance paper, all dated the same day as the certicard! the most recent registration was to the same person. I'm the second owner.
all this said, does it really matter on a Dart wagon? what I mean is, on a hemi charger they go into how many green ones with a vinyl top and ac, but on a dart is there a difference in value if it's one of ??? I'm really excited about it but am afraid not many others will be as interested in how many were made.

Lucky find, what a nice car to own. The extra info might add appeal if not value. It wouldn't hurt to put the production numbers with all the other stuff you have on the car.

Dam......Gotta love the wagon. And a V8 to boot.
Looks like the perfect surf mobile. :sunny:

well, finally went out yesterday and put the distributor carb, cap and wires on it and poured a bit of gas in the carb and it started right up. the oil light went right out and it ran pretty smooth. a serious tune and adjust and it should be on the road.

AHHH!!!:cwm21: You just HAD to buy a '65 Dart Wagon.....I'm having seizure because my brain just recalled the '65 Dart Wagon from 5 yrs ago I hesitated :sad3: on buying....Daily driver that was less than 15 miles from me...Had a Slant 6 and a wagon load of parts to go with it for the meager sum of $250. bucks! :bounce::bounce::bounce: Good luck with her.

ZooKypr

Gonna have to keep my eye on this thread! I am sure I will see all the things I should be doing to my wagon. And judging by your 63, done right. Good luck, and have fun.

Tim

You got a nice wagon there. My favorite color combo too. If you buy a orginal broshure on thr wagons you will get a pickture on how it will look hen its ready. Your car is one oit of 296 with a/c, one out of 1289 w/V8, one out of 690 w/power steering, one out of 592 w/power tailgate, one of 1061 w/radio, one of 1177 w/273/auto. Good luck with the car. If you would like to get more info send me a readable pickture of the fendertag.

WOW 65dc you really know your numbers! I have the same color combo, and the brochure you are talking about... You don't by any chance know how many 4 speed 273 combos they made do you? Now if only mine was as rust free, man that is SOOOOO sweet! Nice find, and with A/C! I will be watching too Timbolia...

thanks guys, it really is a nice find. no rust, has lived in southern Cal all it's life, great options, and all that but it's not exactly what I was looking for .
before you guys boo me off the stage let me explain. I'm not saying I don't like it, on a scale of 1 - 10 I'd rate this one a solid 8 in the "like" category, but it's not in the love category. up at the top of the "A" bodies love category has to be a '61 Lancer wagon, or '62 Lancer GT. next to that would be a '64 Dart wagon to go with my 64 GT.
someone find me a decent 61 Lancer wagon, or 62 Lancer GT and you could probably talk me out of this one, if not you will pretty quickly see me proudly driving the crap out of this red menace.

well, since I found the '62 Lancer Wagon, I'm selling this one.
please send a pm if you are interested.

because we only get 2 inches of rain per year on average. back east they have long since rusted away.

so... come out for a visit with the sun, and haul your new Dart Wagon back with you!

some more photos. I've also listed it in the for sale section, check it out!

P1030131.JPG

P1030132.JPG

P1030133.JPG

P1030134.JPG

P1030135.JPG

P1030136.JPG

P1030137.JPG

P1030138.JPG

P1030139.JPG

P1030140.JPG

P1030141.JPG

P1030142.JPG

P1030143.JPG

P1030144.JPG

P1030145.JPG

P1030147.JPG

P1030148.JPG

P1030149.JPG

P1030150.JPG

P1030151.JPG

here are some more photos:
031.JPG

030.JPG

028.JPG

Bah: who cares what anyone else thinks is valuable. To me all information about my car is worth gold, like the fact that it was built in L.A. I wish I could find out MORE about it.

That paperwork should all be framed and kept with the car IMHO because it makes your car that much more interesting.

Besides, people DO like knowing that stuff, even about "ordinary" station wagons.

Compare those production #s and then ask, after 46 years, how many are left besides mine ?

It matters.

-
Back