my new dash

-

mrspeeddemon

"The Chrysler Kid"
Reaction score
Every one tell me what you think- I used Equus gauges in the Redline carbon fiber dash insert, I still have to mount my blinker lights and I'm going to get a stand alone shift light and mount that in between the tach and speedo. Oh and decide where I want to put my headlight and wiper switchs- any suggestions?

DSCN0792.jpg

DSCN0793.jpg

mrspeeddemon,
That's exactly what I was planning on doing in my dash.....did you use 3 3/8" Tach and spedo or are they 5"?

What sizes are those gauges ? They look great, thanks for the photos ! How do you like that Redline dash panel, now that you have it loaded with gauges ?

the tach and speedo are 3 3/8" and the other gauges are 2" - actually about 2 1/4 but their listed as 2". I really like the redline cluster- a little expensive but no other choices really. It wouldn't be possible to put a 5" tach in there in fact I was starting to sweat getting all those gauges in there.I wanted the tach and speedo on one side and the other four on the other side but it wasn't possible.

Wow looks fantastic, to be honest I wouldn't mess with it any more, I would probably add the indicator lights and try to fit headlight and wiper switches on the steering column.

Hard to tell in the pictures if you have room under the oil and fuel gauges for those switches and their harness connecters. You could put them in the sheet metal underneath and pointing down. You may need to trim the uprights of the rib/channel a little bit. Dont forget to file fit the flats in those holes or switches will turn. If the car has hood mounted or fender mounted turn lamps You really dont need the dash mounted lamps.

That's a beautiful cluster, and exactly the setup I have been thinking about. I want to see some pics of the finished product!
C

Is the Redline cluster something they molded completely new in carbon fiber or is it fabric laid over an old core cluster? That looks very nice. How well does it fit in the dash hole. Do all the mounting screws line up and does it fit tight against the dash opening?

Can you give us a look at the rear of the cluster?

Jerry

did you find the adapter for the speedocable someware??
i like to de the same,but in a alu. cluster...bud i haven't found the adapter for the cable yet

sweet looking cluster. I will be doing about the same. and like stated above if you have finder turn signals, why put them on the dash?

Is the Redline cluster something they molded completely new in carbon fiber or is it fabric laid over an old core cluster? That looks very nice. How well does it fit in the dash hole. Do all the mounting screws line up and does it fit tight against the dash opening?

Can you give us a look at the rear of the cluster?

Jerry

I am good friends w/Shannon the owner of Redline. It is a completely new molded ABS gauge cluster, that has a CF pattern. He did one for his Valiant in Carbon Fiber but it would end up costing too much to mass produce. I have a setup for our Demon that I havent cut up yet. You have to drill your own holes for screws and such, but the fit is very nice and tight. He is a great guy and they have great customer service. If you have anymore questions let me know. Attached is a photo of his Valiant interior.

- Jon

-
Back