My new Demon!!

-

code_red

Reaction score
I'm on cloud nine! I was checking our local craigslist and found this Demon. I know this Demon. My boyfriend grew up around the area and always saw it in the driveway or their garage. Him and his friend always admired it. About 6 years ago we drove by that house just to see if it might be there. Sure enough, the garage door was open and that Demon was sitting in there. We couldn't believe they still had it! When I found it on craigslist I said "That's that car!!" I knew we had to get it. So I emailed through CL and didn't get an immediate response. I emailed again saying I lived really close... then I get a response. We set up a time the next day to look at the car. They were an extremely nice couple. It was her Uncles car. He had bought it for his wife. We worked out a deal and I had it towed home last night! It has 80k and is all original. Even got the original title. They purchased it new on Oct 9th, 1970 and it was in his wife's name. My bf asked if she rode in the car a kid. She said "Oh no, Aunt ___ never let anyone ride in her Demon." You can tell lol! Anyway here is my Demon! Feels nice to be the second owner.

IMG00069-20100916-0915.jpg

IMG00057-20100916-0902.jpg

IMG00058-20100916-0903.jpg

IMG00059-20100916-0903.jpg

IMG00060-20100916-0903.jpg

IMG00061-20100916-0904.jpg

IMG00065-20100916-0910.jpg

IMG00068-20100916-0911.jpg

IMG00067-20100916-0910.jpg

IMG00066-20100916-0910.jpg

IMG00064-20100916-0910.jpg

IMG00062-20100916-0908.jpg

IMG00063-20100916-0909.jpg

LL29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop

G18: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Export

120223: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GB5: Bright Blue Poly Exterior Color
M1B7: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, Blue
GB7: Dark Blue Poly Int. Door Frames
901: Build Date: September 01
029524: Order number

V1W: Full Vinyl Top, White
U: USA Specifications
A04: Basic (Radio) Group
A46: Moulding Package
G15: Tinted Windshield
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror

J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M43: Grille Trim Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
EN1: End of Sales Codes

WOW ....... looks good. And to be the second owner....wow..... I am the 4th owner of mine, I met the first owner once in a parking lot, SHE recognized the car and asked where I got it. Have fun with your New Demon.

Right on! Just the second owner, eh? My Demon's the total opposite. I've had mine for 10 years now and I'm the 25th (or so) owner.

Enjoy that Demon. I'm diggin' the plaid seats. :cheers:

Wylde1.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I'm really excited about it!

very nice, what are the plans?

I want to try to keep it somewhat original. It's kinda plain jane right now. It has some rust that needs repaired but nothing too major. It has seen a lot of Indiana winters. I want to keep it the og. blue and white top. Probably do white buckets and rear seat. Convert to power brakes, front disc. I'll probably keep the 318. Add a 4bbl carb and intake, duel exhaust and headers. Also, upgrade to electronic ignition. New decals and white stripes to dress it up. I don't want to do too much since it is original. Something very street-able. Now I just have to get that dang Charger done! haha

Right now I just want to get it running really. First will probably have to be the brakes though.

That's a very clean Demon! How awesome it is to be the 2nd owner!! I'm the second owner of my 70 Dart!

Nice looking car. Looks pretty solid on top.

Good luck with the build up and welcome to FABO.

Was that car in Cumberland?I think I used to drive by it when visiting a buddy who lived there.He hasn't lived there in several years and just the other day we were wondering what ever happened to the demon.

Was that car in Cumberland?I think I used to drive by it when visiting a buddy who lived there.He hasn't lived there in several years and just the other day we were wondering what ever happened to the demon.

Not quite Cumberland but pretty close.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I've already learned TONS from this website.

Just one schmuck's opinion, but I would give serious consideration to keeping this car original. That paint may look sad and faded now, but it's salvageable. Some careful wet sanding, and buffer love, and you will have this B5 beauty shining like Christmas. Yes, there is that thin spot on the bonnet, and probably some other beauty marks I didn't see. I don't think it really detracts from an original car. My Duster looked a hell of a lot chalkier than your car when I got it, and now (where there is actually still paint) it shines. Your interior is pretty presentable. I know some of the plaid sections are worn. I don't believe that style is available repro. That means deviating, or finding better originals (good luck with that). Underhood can definately be brought back to life. If this were my car, I'd change the carpet (or try a redye, nothing to loose), and work with everything else.
They are only original once. This car is 40 years old. How cool it must be to cruise something all original of that age.

hope I could find a solid demon like yours

for paint like said try to polish it and you will see

how it looks you never know maybe you salvage it

for interior you could find all the parts in repro

by experience the price make the quality

^^^^ I agree, think hard about doing too may mods. Either way, PLEASE take lots and lots of pictures since there are a lot of things that can be learned from your car. They are only original once.
The engine has had some service done to it, looks like new hoses and clamps and little things so it couldn't hurt to improve the performance of that engine so you can enjoy it.

Great score!

Welcome to FABO Code Red.Nice find with the Demon,I,m jealous!8)Once rust starts,it doesn,t stop.Do as you wish,it,s your car.

....Do as you wish,it,s your car.
My rule of thumb is own the car that you want to drive. No sense in having MY dream car in your driveway if it just sits there because you are not excited about driving it.

-
Back