My new Demon!!

-
^^^^ I agree, think hard about doing too may mods. Either way, PLEASE take lots and lots of pictures since there are a lot of things that can be learned from your car. They are only original once.
The engine has had some service done to it, looks like new hoses and clamps and little things so it couldn't hurt to improve the performance of that engine so you can enjoy it.

Great score!

Oh, I've been thinking about it a lot. Whatever I do, I want to make it so it can be reversed without any major issue. I'm keeping the 318/904. I definitely want to improve the performance of it. I really want buckets, but my dad wants me to recover the originals. The car has some dents, dings and scrapes. Quarters are rusted through...

I do not want to do too much to hurt the originality of it.

What do you guys think would be going too far?

For the time being though. I want to get it running. I will try to wet sand and polish and at least drive it some. This is my first Mopar and it happens to be my favorite model!

If the paint is nice when polished I might just try to touch up and paint repairs and blend. I won't be painting door jams or the bottom of the trunk lid. I want to leave the og. stickers on them.

Anyway, I'm just super excited about the whole thing. This is the year and the car I wanted to have. I would have preferred a 340, but I could not let this thing go!

I will take tons and tons of pics of everything I do to it!!

I wanted to add some more pictures of the Demon to show some the original stuff.

Inspection numbers
IMG00024-20101101-1426.jpg

IMG00025-20101101-1427.jpg

Year on the glove box door.
IMG00033-20101101-1433.jpg

Looks like they were non-smokers!
IMG00034-20101101-1434.jpg

Rochester Carb. Took me a sec to figure out what it was. Apparently only used for 1 year.
IMG00031-20101101-1431.jpg

Sticker on Air Cleaner. "Do not wash or Oil." lol
IMG00027-20101101-1427.jpg

Took the hood insulation off because of mice.
IMG00021-20101101-1425.jpg

Close up of the paint underneath.
IMG00022-20101101-1425.jpg

All of the interior lights work as well. Even the AM radio light.

I'm happy to say that it will stay original. :) I will take lots of photos along the way.

nice looking for age

Looks like it has been some time since it was on the road with those plates.

Get it cleaned up and reliable before making any real changes

If it was on the east side of Indy I probably seen the car in it's early years

nice looking for age

Looks like it has been some time since it was on the road with those plates.

Get it cleaned up and reliable before making any real changes

If it was on the east side of Indy I probably seen the car in it's early years

I couldn't agree more. I hope to get it running before winter!

I couldn't agree more. I hope to get it running before winter!

get her running..... drive it as is until your tired of it "as is" then rip it apart and make it the way you and only you want it!

great find, Good luck with her!

Wow that is an all around awesome find congrats! I hope my dad and I have that same luck this weekend, we are gping to look at an original 1970 GTX that is a rolling chassis, which is no big deal.

nice buy. there are 2 rot box demons by my house for some reason im drawn to them.

-
Back